What's new

OpenVPN "Gettin' in and out"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xerial

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

So I have an RT-AC87 running the latest Merlin FW 378.54_2. I am successfully running both a OpenVPN slient and a server on my router, thanks to the help of Merlin. The question is: is it possible to bridge the two when connecting from the outside? The scenario is that I would like my phone to VPN onto my OpenVPN/network server via 4G and then out via the OpenVPN client. That way any traffic goes through the OpenVPN client on the router.

My OpenVPN server is running in policy mode so I simply put the phone's virtual IP from the OpenVPN server in the rules table with destination IP 0.0.0.0 but it did not work at all. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that would work, but try adding a rule that has your OpenVPN server ip block (10.8.0.0/24) as the source. Might be tricky tho, as you are trying to forward packets between tun21 and tun11. That might require additional manual tinkering on your part.