What's new

Play store app Asus Router gives Wi-Fi a big boost

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yelo3

Regular Contributor
I've just downloaded the play store app called Asus Router, and after enabling Wi-Fi ECO mode, my Ac56u has now a stronger Wi-Fi. The option itself is supposed to lower the signal, but actually the result is that my Wi-Fi network now reaches places where before it wasn't available

Any other having noticed this boost?

Merlin, can you detect what does this option do to my router?

Thanks

A thread on this app is already running at http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-router-app.28503/

Interesting. I remember reading, either in a computing magazine or a reputable computing website, that increasing the output power can have the counter-intuitive effect of lowering the wireless range, and that if one wants to improve the range, the first thing to try is to lower the output power. So, it seems, under some circumstances, there may be some truth in that. There are perhaps other factors involved that lead to unstable signals as the power increases - distortion, noise..... ?

Last edited: