What's new

Potential heat issues (April's Fool on webui)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this fish-based glue :(
OMG :eek: COOLaps ??? :confused: HELP !!!

post.cgi

You're lucky it was just an hour, I had it kick in last night, so like the fool I am sat there until 1am trying to fix it. I've only had this router 3 days so I thought I'd screwed it up.

No heat issue here, it's hooked up to Merlins Tower.
And if you donate today it'll be gone by tomorrow!

Attachments

• big_KKL_01.jpg
    big_KKL_01.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
NICE .......1:st april :p

WRT has red shade and top bar fell down

Please view attachement. I couldn't find anything about this. Does somebody know what this means.

Kind regards,
John

Attachments

• TopBar.pdf
    124.8 KB · Views: 260
Thanks Merlin :) because of you i just spend the last 2 hours resetting my router because i though it was broken :D Then it occurred to me ITS THE FIRST OF APRIL!

nicely done ;)

Fortunately the painters forgot to take the scaffolding. Finger crossed it hold until tomorrow.

Seriously? An April Fools joke in router firmware? Ugh. A bit unprofessional (though mildly amusing for, oh, 30 seconds, until I begin to get paranoid about what other hidden functionality there might be lurking within and wonder why Merlin would risk his reputation for solid, quality code with this bit of foolishness).
--
bc

Seriously? An April Fools joke in router firmware? Ugh. A bit unprofessional (though mildly amusing for, oh, 30 seconds, until I begin to get paranoid about what other hidden functionality there might be lurking within and wonder why Merlin would risk his reputation for solid, quality code with this bit of foolishness).
--
bc

Microsoft hid an actual flight simulator in Microsoft Excel back in the day. Google has Easter eggs all over the place. That isn't stopping people from using products from either companies.

The code (which is only CSS really) is right there on Github, visible to all. And I never lied to anyone, so if someone were to ask me "what else is there", I would answer truthfully.

I even added a clue in the 374.40 changelog, which nobody seems to have read as nobody asked me what I was talking about when I mentionned something about glue.

BTW, since this is strictly CSS-based, it's even less likely to create any real issue than the Easter eggs Microsoft, Google and countless others have been hiding in their products for years.

And to be "professional" would imply that I'm doing this on a professional level. And (once again) unlike these others, I'm not - I'm doing this as a hobby, not as a professional.

I have to admit however, I didn't expect anyone would go through the trouble of a factory default reset to fix what I made a glaring visual trick - sorry for those who went through such length in an attempt to "fix" it. That was why I overdid it with the red and blue glow and also making it interactive, not just with the slanted banner.

Very funny but not the sort of equipment one should be putting jokes into. Thankfully it's been posted here - would have been nice to put a tool tip on there to save a few from looking this up or such like. 72K thread views is a lot of people!

Anyway enjoy the break. Or did you mean this was the break today?

Cheers,
Al

Dude! Why did you tell them ahead of time?? I was looking forward to a dozen new threads being created. We could have blamed NSA or foreign country Government for hacking their routers.

Oh well, still a nice touch.

Here is the CSS code. First one is what happens on its own, and second one is when you hover with the mouse pointer (causing an appearance of "push effect":

Code:
.banner41{
width:998px;
height:54px;
position:relative;
background:url(images/New_ui/title_bg.png) 0 0 no-repeat;
margin:0px auto;
z-index: 1;
-webkit-transform: rotate(5deg);
transform: rotate(5deg);
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 35px 200px #F42;
box-shadow: 0 35px 200px #F42;
-webkit-transition: all 2s cubic-bezier(1,0,1,1);
transition: all 2s cubic-bezier(1,0,1,1);
-webkit-transform-origin: 0% 50%;
transform-origin: 0% 50%;
}

.banner41:hover{
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 35px 200px #27F;
box-shadow: 0 35px 200px #27F;
-webkit-transition: all 0.5s linear;
transition: all 0.5s linear;
-webkit-transform: rotate(0deg);
transform: rotate(0deg);
-webkit-transform-origin: 0% 50%;
transform-origin: 0% 50%;
}

The transition does the gradually accelerating drop, and the transform does the rotation around a banner's corner acting as its axis.

Note that IE11 might not properly show the accelerating drop, since it defaults to IE9 compatibility mode - those CSS3 tags weren't fully supported yet in IE9.

Help I think my routers been hacked.

When I logg is as admin to my router with either an ipad or Firefox on a PC the top banner on the front page fron the rt-n66u to the language selector collapses on the right hand side pivoted from the top left corner.

If I use internet explorer it seems ok.

Have I been hacked if so what should I do?

The only port I ever open is port 21 and have strong passwords for anything you can get at.

Advice needed please.

Bob.

Here is the CSS code. First one is what happens on its own, and second one is when you hover with the mouse pointer (causing an appearance of "push effect":

The transition does the gradually accelerating drop, and the transform does the rotation around a banner's corner acting as its axis.

Note that IE11 might not properly show the accelerating drop, since it defaults to IE9 compatibility mode - those CSS3 tags weren't fully supported yet in IE9.

Hi RMerlin,

how can we disable this, let's call it nice ;) Feature?

regards Boy1979

Really nice 1st April joke!!

Don't worry Merlin, it was clear (after a while...;)) that was a really nice 1st April joke... :D... Thank you for your great work on Asus routers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.