What's new

powerline network to router for 50Mb/s down & 6Mb/s up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
hi Guys,

I am planning to run my fibernet via powerline adaptor currently i am getting 90-110Mb/s from room to hall. But new setup needs the parellel room to be connected via fibernet modem to my main router in my PC desk.

I know it got complex as my ISP refused to pull the wire directly to my pc room. Now need your advise on which setup will work

I currently cant run a wired line from ISP modem but i have a tplink nano 500Mb/s pair and r7000 , wndr4720 N900 CENTRIA.

I am getting confused. I am managing to have a ups as safe backup for the router and modem.

I wish to get the router in my room for easy access if anything goes wrong

Sorry, I can't understand what you are asking.

I need to get Internet to all devices from single plug point with no way to drag LAN cable. My PC in other room. I wanted to know what's the best way to stay connected for all wired and wireless. With the said mentioned devices In hand

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Use the powerline adapters to connect the modem Ethernet output to
the router's WAN port.

I can't. As I have only 1 plug point and I am using extension box connecting 3 devices

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Yeah I seen that too. But current one will be waste for the money spent and more over I am currently ok with the setup .

Planning to see if I can run LAN cat 5e to a power line socket. So that I can get the HD player to keep streaming HD content without buffering or I need to connect the Centria as bridge as I don't want it to be I could see the slowness in it after using r7000 which is rock solid until today for a month