What's new

Primary router shows QIS_wizard page after IP conflict with secondary router in default mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aziron5

Occasional Visitor
Hi, for some reason, the primary router which is an RT-AX68U with asuswrt-merlin FW (not the latest) now shows QIS_Wizard page after logging in with original credentials, but SSH and diversion seem to be working normally fine. I'm hoping it's not a full blown factory reset?

This happened all by it self after I've configured a secondary router in default mode and put it on the same subnet to try see what happens, it reported an IP conflict with WAN and offered to change a different subnet, but I delayed that, and the primary router was affected already I think, I then changed the subnet but it wouldn't connect back with the secondary PC which is connected to it directly on it's LAN port.

I haven't even logged into it and I was always connected to it from PC1, while always connected to the secondary router through PC2.

I've disconnected the secondary router, PC and all, but it's still showing QIS Wizard on the primary router logging in from the PC1.

I really don't want to mess with the primary router, and not redo the whole configuration, this is the reason I was trying to setup a secondary one to do all unrelated work there, but have it still function with WAN via the primary router.

Unless amtm/entware/wireshark/diversion can run in AP mode and work in an isolated way from the rest of the network? ... I should have asked that before I guess.

EDIT: Briefly, when I put the secondary router from AP to Default mode, both had 192.168.1.1 LAN IPs and were connected together for a while, I think I was trying to access the IP from a web browser and after a long connection churn it displayed the primary router page, but I just closed the window and changed my cabling after that and moved on.

Last edited:
Hi, for some reason, the primary router which is an RT-AX68U with asuswrt-merlin FW (not the latest) now shows QIS_Wizard page after logging in with original credentials, but SSH and diversion seem to be working normally fine. I'm hoping it's not a full blown factory reset?

This happened all by it self after I've configured a secondary router in default mode and put it on the same subnet to try see what happens, it reported an IP conflict with WAN and offered to change a different subnet, but I delayed that, and the primary router was affected already I think, I then changed the subnet but it wouldn't connect back with the secondary PC which is connected to it directly on it's LAN port.

I haven't even logged into it and I was always connected to it from PC1, while always connected to the secondary router through PC2.

I've disconnected the secondary router, PC and all, but it's still showing QIS Wizard on the primary router logging in from the PC1.

I really don't want to mess with the primary router, and not redo the whole configuration, this is the reason I was trying to setup a secondary one to do all unrelated work there, but have it still function with WAN via the primary router.

Unless amtm/entware/wireshark/diversion can run in AP mode and work in an isolated way from the rest of the network? ... I should have asked that before I guess.

EDIT: Briefly, when I put the secondary router from AP to Default mode, both had 192.168.1.1 LAN IPs and were connected together for a while, I think I was trying to access the IP from a web browser and after a long connection churn it displayed the primary router page, but I just closed the window and changed my cabling after that and moved on.

Power off both routers and do not save the configuration. Don't do that again...

Right, the problem went away a bit later after I've manually loaded the homepage or another page URL while the second router was off. Settings appear to be okay without any known changes so far. Definitely was important NOT to continue clicking anything on the QIS page.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!