What's new

Problem with wireless link

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sheldon

New Around Here
I have setup a wireless link for my neighbour consisting of an access point on my side and a client and an access point on his side. If I connect to his access point using wire I get good speeds but when connecting wirelessly it is extremely slow. I have tried two different access points with the same result. Is it because the units on his side are too close together or can it be something else? The channels are of course separated. Thankful for any suggestions.

I have setup a wireless link for my neighbour consisting of an access point on my side and a client and an access point on his side. If I connect to his access point using wire I get good speeds but when connecting wirelessly it is extremely slow. I have tried two different access points with the same result. Is it because the units on his side are too close together or can it be something else? The channels are of course separated. Thankful for any suggestions.

Could be an interference problem. Just try separating them by a few feet and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks. Yep, that seems to solve the problem. We actually separated the units about three feet before, but that didn't help. Now I gave him a 16 feet tp and it works much better.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!