What's new

Problems with RT-AC66U and HP M680DN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dron39

New Around Here
Dear sirs,
I have RT-AC66U with latest merlin firmware installed and MFU HP m680dn.
My problem is that M680dn woke up every hour. Usually it should go sleep and woke up only when i send new files for printing. But it wokes up every 1 minute in every hour (13:01, 17:01, 18:01 and etc). When i disconnect it(via ethernet cable) - problem has gone and m680dn never woke up without reason(e.g. printing).
What can cause this behavior? Maybe should i change some settings in my RT-AC66U?

Sorry for my bad english.

Brgrds, Andrey

Known issue caused by the networkmap hourly rescans.

Dear RMerlin,
So it's a problem of the RT-AC66U or with M680dn?
How can i fix it? Does this problem have a solution?

It affects all routers, and is still present in the latest firmware from Asus as well.

I added a workaround in my latest development code, but I have no ETA at this time as to when the next release will be available.

As Merlin notes, it's a "known issue" in both his and Asus' current firmware. Until his new code comes out, I think your best bet is to manually configure the "sleep mode" schedule on your printer, so that it won't wake up during periods when you know you will not be using the printer. See page 110 of the HP M680DN User Manual.

As Merlin notes, it's a "known issue" in both his and Asus' current firmware. Until his new code comes out, I think your best bet is to manually configure the "sleep mode" schedule on your printer, so that it won't wake up during periods when you know you will not be using the printer. See page 110 of the HP M680DN User Manual.
Dear sir,
I configure it, but it still woke up. I configure it that it should go to sleep mode in every "0", "1", "2", "3" minutes of every hour. But it woke up in "59" minute of every hour now, and in :00 it goes to sleep in 01 it woke up and after that it goes to sleep, in 02 it woke up and etc.
Very strange behavior that it need to woke up before go to sleep mode even it is already in sleep mode...

I presume you're referring to your printer waking up. I'm sorry, but I have no idea and am unable to answer further. Perhaps HP can provide some info, or someone else on the board will have some helpful info.

Dear sirs,
I saw changelog for the new merlin firmware 380.58 (xx-xxx-2016), but i didn't found any changes(fixes) regarding my problem.
Was it fixed in latest firmware?

Uhh, it seems that this firmware not released yet, at least for my RT-AC66U.

Dear sirs,
I saw changelog for the new merlin firmware 380.58 (xx-xxx-2016), but i didn't found any changes(fixes) regarding my problem.
Was it fixed in latest firmware?

Uhh, it seems that this firmware not released yet, at least for my RT-AC66U.

The setting to disable networkmap hourly scans is under Tools -> Other Settings.

The download is in the Beta/ folder.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!