What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is a slight cosmetic issue with .69 on an 87U. From the Traffic Monitor, daily view:
Traffic.png

The vertical axis label is slightly more detailed than absolutely necessary. Maybe this is closed source.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available for all supported models.

This is a bugfix release for the legacy 380 codebase. New features are no longer getting added to the 380.xx releases, as primary development was shifted to the new 382.xx series.

Highlights of changes since 380.68_4:

• Updated wireless SDK for the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U, fixing KRACK vulnerability in repeater and media bridge mode.
  • Added option to disable Asus's NAT Tunnel (backported from 382)
  • Updated odhcp6c, with fixes for some ISPs with broken support.
  • Updated libogg to 1.3.3, libvorbis to 1.3.5, openssl to 1.0.2n and tor to 0.2.9.14.
  • Also updated wget to 1.19.2, fixing connectivity with TLS 1.2 servers.
  • Samba security fixes for CVE-2017-15275, CVE-2017-12163 and CVE-2017-12150, backported from upstream.
  • DNSFilter rules will no longer overrule DNS rules used by OpenVPN clients while they are in Exclusive mode.

Please see the changelog for the details.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

I use my AC68U in AP mode, very basic configs, any advantages to upgrade?

I use my AC68U in AP mode, very basic configs, any advantages to upgrade?

Check the changelog and decide for yourself. It's usually a good idea to remain up-to-date, even if the security updates don't directly affect you now, because at some point you might change how you use your device, and an outdated firmware might then become a security liability.

This is a slight cosmetic issue with .69 on an 87U. From the Traffic Monitor, daily view:
View attachment 11298
The vertical axis label is slightly more detailed than absolutely necessary. Maybe this is closed source.

Scales are calculated by charts.js. Try a different browser to see if it behaves differently, I don't have that issue here.

With my RT-AC88U I am on 380.68 (today updated to 380.69). I had a problem with my WebOS TV as it did not want to download any content, so I thought that the problem might be OpenDNS (which it was, the same goes for Amazon Fire TV).

I wanted to turn off OpenDNS by going to WAN → DDNS → and setting the "Enable the DDNS Client" to No, but the router did not change the DNS even after a reboot (I was extecting it to change to my Internet provider DNS). Checking this site showed that I still was using dns from OpenDNS.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I forgot to make some further settings. In WAN settings I have the option "Connect to DNS Server automatically" set to Yes.

Updated my router (TM-AC1900 flashed to RT-AC68U) to 380.69 last Saturday. Backed up my config settings just to be safe. But I haven't encountered any issues so far. GUI works fine.
Thanks @RMerlin for your hard work.

Been running 380.69 on ASUS AC68u for almost a week without a problem. Just connected to a HP-1320 Laserjet printer via a USB port configured in TCP/IP RAW mode. The printing got stuck and couldn't print. The router was able to detect the printer but the printing just didn't start.

The same printer has been running on a ASUS RT-N56Urouter without a problem. Help is much appreciated.

Happy holidays everyone!
As part of my regular upgrade policy, I'm trying to upgrade my RT-56U from 380.66_6 to 380.69_0. Did the usual backups, but when trying to upload the firmware the web gui complains that:
Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AC56U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

I've checked the sha256 checksum and it's correct. Any idea why I can't flash it?
Code:
adrianp@stingray:~/Downloads/asuswrt$ sha256sum RT-AC56U_380.69_0.trx
3718348c42ab1a5b0c9dee8642d3d5b1c307dfd7285f3e69b8fcefc5a01aa88b  RT-AC56U_380.69_0.trx
adrianp@stingray:~/Downloads/asuswrt$ cat sha256sum.sha256
3718348c42ab1a5b0c9dee8642d3d5b1c307dfd7285f3e69b8fcefc5a01aa88b  RT-AC56U_380.69_0.trx

I can't say if it's a recent regression or not as I wasn't running merlin previously (but an old version of Tomato).
If I enable in IPv6 the option "IPv6 passthrough), my RT-N66U will constantly reboot about every minute or so.

Not such problem with stock Asus firmware.

@XIII: Thanks for the suggestion. I did a reboot just now, but it made no difference. Also tried flasing over Ethernet instead of Wifi. No dice...

@XIII: Thanks for the suggestion. I did a reboot just now, but it made no difference. Also tried flasing over Ethernet instead of Wifi. No dice...

Never flash over WiFi not recommended. How much NVRAM space do you have? You may have to reset your device to factory and than flash to latest and reconfig from scratch, do not upload your config file.

I flashed the 69 version on my AC68U but have a problem when downloading internal (from NAS to phone). When I have a look at the memory it quickly fills up up to a point where the router disables WiFi. When I download from external (NAS to phone, not via WiFi) there is no probem. When I stop the download while on WiFi the memory is'nt cleared as the 68.4 version seems better in regulating this.

Before anyone ask... yes I did a factory reset to clear the nvram.

Atm i'm back to 68.4 but will give the 69 it a new try tomorrow.

What am I doing wrong / can I change to make this work?

Been using 69 since it came out. 25 devices connected.....Best FW ever. Not one singel glitch.....
Our family uses approx 400Gb/ each month connected on 250GB Fiber.....Great work MrMerlin....

This indicates that your problem has nothing to do with the firmware update but with something else in your environment.
You may have a point here. I added an IP to the routed OpenVPN client list and applied, the page just crumbled when it resolved. No list of routed ip's, the client selection arrow at the top has disappeared, and comments in yellow next to every entry line. I reset and uploaded Asus latest firmware, then re-uploaded 380_68.4, the VPN client page looks good. I restore jiffs, then settings and reboot all is fine and displays correctly. Again I add another IP to the VPNclient list and apply and again the page crumbles. Even though it is not displaying correctly, still the VPN is working correctly with all the related IP's are being routed.

You may have a point here. I added an IP to the routed OpenVPN client list and applied, the page just crumbled when it resolved. No list of routed ip's, the client selection arrow at the top has disappeared, and comments in yellow next to every entry line. I reset and uploaded Asus latest firmware, then re-uploaded 380_68.4, the VPN client page looks good. I restore jiffs, then settings and reboot all is fine and displays correctly. Again I add another IP to the VPNclient list and apply and again the page crumbles. Even though it is not displaying correctly, still the VPN is working correctly with all the related IP's are being routed.
Are you perhaps using special characters in the description field?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!