What's new

Remote file access using AiCloud with built in Windows 7 WebDAV support.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

damian21

New Around Here
I am trying to remotely access files on a USB drive attached to my Asus RT-AC68P router using Windows 7 WebDAV support. In other words I would like to use the following windows command to map a drive to a shared AiCloud folder:

net use * \\example.asuscomm.com@SSL:443\RT-AC68P\usb_drive_name /User:my_user_name my_password

Using this command from a remote computer I can successfully map the drive and see my files in windows explorer. When I try to write to a file I frequently get errors such as:

Error Ox80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

I think the issue is that the AiCloud feature is based on lighttpd mod_webdav which doesn’t fully support file locking.

I am wondering if my assessment seems correct? If so, is there any way to address this? I would think this would be an extremely convenient and popular way to remotely access files if it is possible to get it working.