What's new

Router Client List Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
Afternoon everyone. Hoping someone here can provide assistance on my router since ASUS support has been...less than helpful.

Basically my clientlist is broken. I have the RT-AC88U. On the previous firmware, the list worked-ish, but displayed the wrong interface on most devices. I noticed in the release notes for the latest firmware, that there were clientlist fixes, so I went to it hoping that would resolve it. Instead, it's much worse. The clientlist is always 0, and therefore all hosts are always shown as offline such as in AI Protection or LAN Settings. New hosts do appear to show up though, they're just always offline.

When clicking on the Clients button, the column on the right where you should see the Client Status just always says Searching, please wait, in yellow, with a little spinning icon that never finishes.

Browsing through this and other forums, I found a few suggestions/caveats such as having a /24 network, which I do. I also of course tried factory reset without restoring config.

The firmware version I am on is 3.0.0.4.384_45717 , which appears to be the latest.

Some screen shots are below.

Any help is much appreciated.

dwEzJ1Z

IcFKnxE

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    261.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 280
Hi, there is a new version of firmware (3.0.0.4.384_81116) which claims to fix a client list issue. Might be worth trying it. I had to get it via the GUI upgrade check rather than the ASUS website. I have already noticed one of my wireless clients showing up as WIRED so not entirely sure it's fixed!

Hi, there is a new version of firmware (3.0.0.4.384_81116) which claims to fix a client list issue. Might be worth trying it. I had to get it via the GUI upgrade check rather than the ASUS website. I have already noticed one of my wireless clients showing up as WIRED so not entirely sure it's fixed!
Thanks, will give it a try when I get home from work.

The 2.4 Ghz band is starting to act funny on the router too. It used to be lightning fast, but now at best I can get 30-40 Mbps down, and the upload has plummeted to 2-3 Mpbs up max. 5Ghz still works well giving me the 100/100 that I have with my ISP. Been reading online that this is apparently pretty common with ASUS routers. Too bad.

Hi,

Good luck.

Not sure this is fixed as such. Mine is playing silly games since last night where it keeps thinking there are multiple clients connecting through each other. I have seen this happen before on my DSL-AC88U.

I am just testing a new AX88U running 3.0.0.4.384_6436 and that seems fine although it is early days.

upload_2019-9-27_9-2-51.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!