What's new

RT-AC3200 - AiProtection and Flow Acceleration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darunia

Occasional Visitor
Whenever I turn on any feature within AiProtection, FA(Flow Acceleration) gets turned off only leaving CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) enabled for NAT Acceleration. Is this normal?

I don't have Adaptive QOS turned on.

Using Beta Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.7427

Last edited:
Whenever I turn on any feature within AiProtection, FA(Flow Acceleration) gets turned off only leaving CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) enabled for NAT Acceleration. Is this normal?

This is normal. FA is not compatible with the Trend Micro Engine, as it would cause all traffic to bypass the engine.

Thank you for the response Merlin and keep up the good work.

Using the latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.7838, I'm unable to get Flow Acceleration showing with both QOS and AiProtection off.

Using the latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.7838, I'm unable to get Flow Acceleration showing with both QOS and AiProtection off.

A lot of things are incompatible with FA. STP (under LAN -> Switch Control) also is.

FA is just not worth the trouble at this point.

That's unfortunate, how much will I fall short? I plan on getting a Gigabit connection when it's available within the next 3-6 months.

That's unfortunate, how much will I fall short? I plan on getting a Gigabit connection when it's available within the next 3-6 months.

You will have to try. Some people were getting over 850 Mbps with models predating the addition of FA.

you should turn on FA on gigabit ehternet. :)
cpu usage goes down, faster torrent speed.

I upgraded today to the latest stock firmware - 3.0.0.4.378.9135. Flow Acceleration still doesn't show. I noticed when I sent feedback to ASUS that it showed this for NAT: [Hardware NAT] ctf_disable: 0 ctf_disable_force: 0 ctf_fa_mode: ' no number listed for Flow Acceleration. Does it mean it's disabled in the firmware?

I think so.... AC87U "out of the box". First boot with ALL advanced features disabled. No FA.

A lot of things are incompatible with FA. STP (under LAN -> Switch Control) also is.

FA is just not worth the trouble at this point.

If I have Traffic Monitoring/AiProtection/Adaptive QOS on, should I disable NAT acceleration or set it to auto? Does "Auto" mean to disable FA and leave CTF, in my case? Will it affect network usage shown on Traffic Statistic Page significantly?

If I have Traffic Monitoring/AiProtection/Adaptive QOS on, should I disable NAT acceleration or set it to auto? Does "Auto" mean to disable FA and leave CTF, in my case? Will it affect network usage shown on Traffic Statistic Page significantly?

Everything that is incompatible with either CTF or FA will automatically disable that appropriate acceleration level as needed when set on Auto. The only exception is for traffic monitoring, since it's not an option that can be enabled/disabled - to get accurate results with traffic monitoring, you must manually disable NAT acceleration.

Everything that is incompatible with either CTF or FA will automatically disable that appropriate acceleration level as needed when set on Auto. The only exception is for traffic monitoring, since it's not an option that can be enabled/disabled - to get accurate results with traffic monitoring, you must manually disable NAT acceleration.
If I have it set to Auto, which I assume will enable CTF still, how many percentage maximum should I expect traffic monitoring to inaccurate? Is it like 10% to 20%?

If I have it set to Auto, which I assume will enable CTF still, how many percentage maximum should I expect traffic monitoring to inaccurate? Is it like 10% to 20%?

It's impossible to predict. It's not just a specific percentage, it's flat out "wrong numbers" here and there.

While I have a different router than you this is my experience with all the Ai Protection options turned on and no QoS. I get throughput around 900 Mbps both ways with 100% core 1 and 0% core 2 usage. NAT Acceleration is set to Auto and CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled. With NAT Acceleration disabled I get around 300 Mbps both ways and 100% core 1 and 0% core 2 usage. With Ai Protection options turned off and FA enabled the cpu usage is negligible.

While I have a different router than you this is my experience with all the Ai Protection options turned on and no QoS. I get throughput around 900 Mbps both ways with 100% core 1 and 0% core 2 usage. NAT Acceleration is set to Auto and CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled. With NAT Acceleration disabled I get around 300 Mbps both ways and 100% core 1 and 0% core 2 usage. With Ai Protection options turned off and FA enabled the cpu usage is negligible.
Seems like I won't need to use NAT acceleration for a while as affordable internet package for me is still 50Mbps/10Mbps

I got extremely lucky in that a new company opened up shop in my city and started building out a fiber optic network. I was on the waiting list for about 1.5 years before they got to my neighborhood. They basically started with the areas that had the highest demand. Even better is that the introductory price is only $49 per month for the first two years and then the normal price is $70 per month. I was like a kid in a candy store once they hooked me up.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!