What's new

RT-AC3200 Firmware Rollback

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tjernagel

New Around Here
Every since upgrading the firmware to 30043803479 I've had connection issues when I'm away from the router. I think it's an issue with it switching from the 5GHz network to 2.4GHz.

This was never an issue with the old firmware.

I downloaded and extracted firmware version 30043789529 for ASUS but when I tried to roll it back from the browser page but receive the error "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

Next was to put the router in rescue/recovery mode (pin held during boot until power light flashes). I reset my adapter settings to 192.168.1.1, submask 255.255.255.0. When I run the Firmware Restoration program and try to upload the firmware it tells me the router is not in rescue mode, even though it is.

I've been doing this with the modem hard wired to the PC, not wirelessly.

I've searched the internet and for the life of me cannot figure out how to rollback this firmware.

Help! :)

Hold the reset button in while plugging the power in. Hold it in till the power led flashes.
Then log into the router at 192.168.1.1. If you see the cfe mini web server, you are in recovery mode.
Set your pc nic card to 192.168..9, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1.

Last edited:
That got it! Thanks! The Firmware Restoration tool doesn't work, it still shows it's not in rescue mode... I didn't think to try to access it directly.

Hold the reset button in while plugging the power in. Hold it in till the power led flashes.
Then log into the router at 192.168.1.1. If you see the cfe mini web server, you are in recovery mode.
Set your pc nic card to 192.168..9, 255.255.25.0, 192.168.1.1.

You should set static IP first before trying to go to the mini web server.

Also, subnet should be 255.255.255.0 not 255.255.25.0

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!