What's new

RT-AC56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevocz

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
Asus released new firmware and source code 3.0.0.4.382.51634.

is possible release new Merlin firmware with this source?

“We also had to leave the RT-AC56U behind later on, as Asus has now put it on their official End of Life list,”

From the Review of 2018, 6 months ago by Merlin
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/2018-in-review.54185/

Like Windows XP, the router may well be a great piece of kit, but it’s time to replace it, certainly if you want to run Merlin’s firmware and stay up to date with security patches.

Hi.
Asus released new firmware and source code 3.0.0.4.382.51634.

is possible release new Merlin firmware with this source?

The latest RMerlin branch is using 384 source code for all currently supported routers. This was a nice gesture by Asus to have the router more secure, but RMerlin won't be able to offer an update, afaik.

I too wish the RT-AC56U was still, RMerlin, supported. One of my favorite Asus routers. :)

The latest RMerlin branch is using 384 source code for all currently supported routers. This was a nice gesture by Asus to have the router more secure, but RMerlin won't be able to offer an update, afaik.

I too wish the RT-AC56U was still, RMerlin, supported. One of my favorite Asus routers. :)

for some merlin's supported routers are only 382 firmware. Maybe this for 56U has all things what the merlin needs.

for some merlin's supported routers are only 382 firmware. Maybe this for 56U has all things what the merlin needs.

Some of RMerlin forks are lower than the current 384 branch. None are directly supported by RMerlin that I know of.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!