What's new

RT-AC66U - 3.0.0.4.374.35_4, DHCP flood

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lukapple

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
I’ve RT-AC66U with Merlin build 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 (main router) and another router (Linksys wrt-54gl, DD-WRT v24-sp1), that is running in “repeater bridge” mode. Routers are connected with wi-fi connection.

I’ve noticed strange things in 3.0.0.4.374.35_4. Linksys router started to flood my dhcp server and eat my IP addresses. There are 100+ clients with linksys’s mac address - see attached picture.

Could this be a bug in .35_4 ?

Attachments

• dhcp-flood.jpg
    dhcp-flood.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 349
Hi.
I'm not on windows machine.
Those IPs are all from one MAC address, which belongs to WiFi of the other router.
That other router has static IP and it's in bridge mode - wirelessly connected to main router.

Under "System log - DHCP leases" everything looks OK.

It didn't help.
I think that this is not same problem. In "General log" everything looks ok, there is no flooding "DHCP REQUEST, INFORM,..." messages.
Those IPs appears just on the first page (see screenshot at my first post).

It didn't help.
I think that this is not same problem. In "General log" everything looks ok, there is no flooding "DHCP REQUEST, INFORM,..." messages.
Those IPs appears just on the first page (see screenshot at my first post).

Does the router that's in bridge mode have your main router set as the gateway and dns server? Sometimes if you leave those fields blank or default they can cause behavior like that when in bridge mode.

Can't find those settings in dd-wrt.
Here is my setup(see secondary site, primary is ASUS in my situation):
Repeater_Bridge.jpg

I've noticed that wifi signal between primary and secondary is weak, maybe that's the reason...

Here are screenshots from secondary router settings:

setup_basic.png

setup_advanced.png

wireless_basic.png