What's new

RT-AC66U and 3x Airport Express's (2nd Generation)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jat80

Occasional Visitor
Hi there,

I've got an ASUS RT-AC66U as my main router and 3x APE's which I use solely for airplay to speakers around the house with one of them next to the main ASUS router.

Now I know I can't use the APE's to extend my existing wireless network but i'm wondering if I use the one next to my asus router to create another wireless network (with the same SSID's and password as my asus router) could I then get the other 2 APE's in other rooms to extend that wireless network?

Its really just to get a better wifi signal in the back of the house which I have one of the APE's.

Will this degrade the existing bandwidth from the wifi network from the ASUS router?

Any other suggestions on what I could do with my current hardware? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The expresses can be used as WIFi clients in your case - you'll likely not extend coverage from them...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!