What's new

RT-AC66U no IPV6 when Parental Controls is activated.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yerflep

New Around Here
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

After much troubleshooting, I think I've narrowed down my IPV6 connectivity problem. My router, RT-AC66U sits behind ATT-Uverse NGV589 router which is set up for IP passthrough. IPV6 connectivity was verified via ipv6-test.com and the results came in 19/20 with solid speed test of 45m down and 5m up working as advertised. Once this was verified stable and tested at other IVP6 test sites, I decided to invoke parental control (on game stations due to their location being in the bed rooms) as soon as this was done and I tested IVP6 connectivity and my test bottomed out to 2/19. Turn off Parental Control, IVP6 is restored.

DSL Reports has a very complete set of descriptions in an FAQ about how to set up the Motorola NGV589 gateway in "bridge" mode. My suggestion to you would be to go back through this guide (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734) and see if you missed any of the steps. If you missed anything (like for example you still have the firewall set on the Motorola) there could be a conflict with the way it is handling IPv6.

Not sure this will help you, but it's work a look.

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with UVerse and the Motorola NGV589 as I have Comcast and the Motorola/Arris SB6183 and have the exact same issue. Whenever my Parental Controls are switched on I lose IPv6 completely, on that same note, when DNS Filtering is on, I do not. Until this is taken care of, I'm using Norton Family (free) as it does the same thing I want (time restrictions) for now.

I'm having the exact same issue with my RT-N66U running 378.51 and a U-verse NVG589. For me, the parental controls are more important so I've disabled IPv6. RMerlin, is this a fundamental limitation or something you can fix?

I'm having the exact same issue with my RT-N66U running 378.51 and a U-verse NVG589. For me, the parental controls are more important so I've disabled IPv6. RMerlin, is this a fundamental limitation or something you can fix?

Limitation of the old kernel. Asus's Parental Control code uses a Netfilter module that's not available for IPv6.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!