What's new

RT-AC68 - New firmware 3.0.0.4.376_3602 (AVOID)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So loading Merlin's builds solves the 5GHz problem, even with the new CFE?

yes somehow it did . but from time to time i feel the 5Ghz speed is reduced and gets shorter coverage + airplay disconnected once over the 5Ghz from ipad running IOS7 + long time for router to fully boot-up

but i still say don't make my mistake upgrading to 3602 ;)

5GHz worked fine before 3.0.0.4.376_3602! Why you ASUS did this? :( Very dissapointed with this update. Hope they fix this issue with 5GHz very soon!

yes somehow it did . but from time to time i feel the 5Ghz speed is reduced and gets shorter coverage + airplay disconnected once over the 5Ghz from ipad running IOS7 + long time for router to fully boot-up

but i still say don't make my mistake upgrading to 3602 ;)

So, better to wait next firmware release or that the CFE 1.2 EU is available in the CFE list thread.

Today i contacted with the asus live chat support, tried to get some help in this bad firmware update case.
I got the answers this below:

Peter B.
So you have already tried going back to the previous firmware?

Tamas Illes
yes

but nothing changed

Peter B.
Being that neither firmware is helping, I recommend an RMA for the router. You can request one be setup for it using the following link. www.service.asus.com/#!rma-request/cope

Tamas Illes
I think, it would be better to withdraw this defective software from your website before it makes more problems to your customers.

Peter B.
We are not aware of any issues, I would recommend an RMA for it.

Tamas Illes
if you check the mentioned forum you will see lots of your customers has exactly the same problem!

Peter B.
Some one elses forum does not confirm anything really. I can pass your concern on to others, but no issue reported at this time.

Tamas Illes
ok,

now its reported, im the first one

you can sure you will get lots of report soon, if depends on this...

Peter B.
If it is an issue, it will be resolved. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

SO because it seems this is a unreported issue, it would be nice if everybody who has the same problem report this in the link this below, or we can request RMA...

http://www.service.asus.com/#!b2c3/cpm1

I've made yesterday a claim on Asus' support website, still not having an official answer from them. From what I have read here, they don't acknowledge the fact that the firmware is bugged.
As soon as they answer I'll tell you, guys.

And that model will be problem free and make everyone's dreams come true?

no one is going to get the ac3200 if a cheaper model is doing the same performance it dose . just miss up the cheaper model so when the new one comes out and we compare them , we find out that the new one perform better than the old one

Now the support website mentions the 3602 firmware as TW and US only. It took the idiots from Asus 3 days to realize that, while a lot of EU owners flashed the buggy firmware.

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
You'll can't belive this, but i checked the support website this morning, and now the "TW and US only" is gone...
It seems they dont know what they are doing.

07:48 now the For US and TW only. sentence on the air again!

Now the support website mentions the 3602 firmware as TW and US only. It took the idiots from Asus 3 days to realize that, while a lot of EU owners flashed the buggy firmware.

Last edited:
You'll can't belive this, but i checked the support website this morning, and now the "TW and US only" is gone...
It seems they dont know what they are doing.

07:48 now the For US and TW only. sentence on the air again!

It's still there under Windows 8 32 bit, but not under Windows 64. Why you have to choose an OS before seeing firmware options, I have no idea.

cut...
I am using the same clients I have been using with the 1663 firmware, with no changes, therefore the clients are not the culprits, but the firmware itself.
Unfortunately, reverting to 1663 is not solving the problem, the lost 5 Ghz channels are gone for good.

Yes it's true, the same from me.

Europe - Belgium here, updated to the new asus firmware and got the new bootloader as stated. 80 mhz channel is broken and max speed on 5ghz channel is now max 400 and befor went up to 800......

Europe -Poland - the same problem as @phunixx's

Last edited:
Europe - Belgium here, updated to the new asus firmware and got the new bootloader as stated. 80 mhz channel is broken and max speed on 5ghz channel is now max 400 and befor went up to 800......

So 80 mhz is broken as stated by a lot of users !!!!!

A moron from Asus Romania just answered my claim. Basically he was saying that even though there are only 4 5 GHz channels available, their performance should be better. In the initial message I explained in detail how 5 GHz performance dropped significantly, how any attempt to manually change any setting defaults to ch. 36, 20 MHz, these were performance improvements for him.
He also suggested to revert to firmware 371, obviously not reading the lines where I told Asus how I tried to go back to 1663 without success. Mostly certain he was not aware of a new bootloader.
I wrote back asking for someone more qualified, because he was clearly an idiot. I also pointed to the fact that the US/TW only mention appeared yesterday, while a lot of European ac68u owners already flashed the firmware without being aware of this.

Now i got a email from the hungarian support, and according him i should send back my router to the dealer where i bought that, and the dealer will take care from the delivery to the distributor who will try to fix it, or will send it back to the Asus service in Slovakia, and they will upload the proper firmware to my router.
To be honest im afraid they will upload the previous firmware and dont cares about the bootloader and send it back, and the whole process takes too much times.

hyena,

Not even an option. What are you supposed to do with your internet / networking needs for the month or longer they'll be playing with it?

I had enough of this sloppiness. Made a backup of this 1.0.2.0 US-cfe (just in case) and downgraded to the former EU-cfe 1.0.1.8, reset and voilà - I got my usual 5G operation back with DFS on Merlin 376.48_1.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!