What's new

RT-AC68U & Firmware:380.59

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jrdenver

New Around Here
I was having very slow wireless AND wired performance with the stock firmware on my RT-AC68U. I sent it back to ASUS, they flashed it to an older version and it worked for a few days. It then began functioning slow again.

I gave up, followed the directions, and installed Merlin's ASUS WWDRT 380.59. The install went flawlessly, the wired speeds are all as expected. The wireless speeds are horrific (10-15mbps sitting 2 feet from the router). I have changed channels, tried both 2.4 and 5, etc.

A reboot doesn't fix it (nor does a reset -- I did multiple full resets when installing WWDRT). It DID work for a few days (at expected speeds). I have tested using xfinity speedtest (I have 150Mbps, and get ~135 with wired speedtests through the ASUS). Once I try wireless, it drops (no mater what I select).

Any suggestions? I do know that the nighthawk I ran for a few weeks while waiting on the RMA worked flawlessly... I really don't want to have to fully revert to the old firmware (recovery) and re-install Merlin every time it "gets slow" on wireless... :(

Strange. I have 380.59 on my RT-AC68U and my wireless performance is normal. Are you using the same laptop/device for testing? Are you only going off speedtest.net? Have you checked what speed the laptop "thinks" it is getting to the wireless? Like on my macbook pro I can hold down option and click the wifi icon and I can see the TX Rate (for me it's 1300 at the moment). In Windows there's also ways to see the wireless rate. Did you revert the merlin firmware back to 100% stock values? Do a full reset of settings?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!