What's new

Rt-Ac86u Manual Assignment Hostname.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cofetym

Hi! Everyone,

Just added the above today to complete my AiMesh network, along with my old Rt-Ac68u and Rt-Ac1900p.
Everything connected well and wasn't really that difficult.
I noticed that the Rt-Ac86u will not let me place a hostname. I have installed Merlins latest firmware 384.19
and I'm able to assign some names in the client box but others just show (new device) and will not change.

Let me know if this is a known issue and thanks Merlin for all that you do!

Hi! Everyone,

Just added the above today to complete my AiMesh network, along with my old Rt-Ac68u and Rt-Ac1900p.
Everything connected well and wasn't really that difficult.
I noticed that the Rt-Ac86u will not let me place a hostname. I have installed Merlins latest firmware 384.19
and I'm able to assign some names in the client box but others just show (new device) and will not change.

Let me know if this is a known issue and thanks Merlin for all that you do!
Which firmware version are you using? Try rebooting router and clearing/refreshing browser cache. Which way are doing this? Try from using the clients icon and then double clicking on the client from the client status list on the right had side.

Attachments

• 1597824233166.png
    1597824233166.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 118
Check to make sure the /jffs is mounted. Plenty of posts about that with 384.19.

Neil62 seems like a simple reboot was all that it needed. I haven't put them all in yet but so far it's working.
Interesting that after the reboot my complete manual assignment list disappeared.Thanks!