What's new

RT-AC87U and port forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrp4000

New Around Here
I try to setup port forwarding but it does not work. Does somebody have the same problems with asus rt-ac87u?

I've been using port forwarding since I got the router about a month ago and everything seems to be working nicely.
I'm using Asus original firmware version 3.0.0.4.376_2769

Try looking at the Famous Server List. I was having a lot of trouble but I was stupidly selecting the wrong type of server for what I needed. Everything would look like it should work, but it would bring me to the Router device page instead of forwarding to where I wanted it to go. Silly mistake.

RT-AC87U port forwarding

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a RT-AC87U and i do have issues of port forwarding.

3cx IP PBX , Plex is not forward to public any idea?

Thx
DoDo

DoDor,

Known issue, search or wait for new firmware.

Has anyone been able to fix this?
I setup up my new Asus rt-ac87u two days ago and since then, I have not been able to access my media library via Plex on Roku. Can anyone help please?

Same issue

I bought this router last night. The router is super fast, but is unfortunately useless to me without the port forwarding. I activated the forwarding and all was well, but it dropped during the night. Disabling then re-enabling forwarding worked this morning, but for how long I do not know. I'm running the latest firmware. If anyone has a workaround to make these stick I'd be most appreciative.

Murrayjimw...
I'm having the same issue... Purchased router last week, port forwarded several cameras...(same configuration I was using on my old Netgear). It will work, but after a while the cameras are no longer viewable while Internet and other routing still works normal. Going into setup and re-applying port forwarding will get the cameras going again for a while.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On another related thread on this board it is suggested that disabling hardware acceleration will cure this problem. I briefly attempted this, but I'm on AT&T fiber and disabling the hardware acceleration brings my speeds down from 800Mbps to 300Mbps. If this is the cost of getting forwarding to work for me it's too high. Asus needs to address this issue. There are posts going back over 6 months with the same issue. This is my first Asus router and I've been pleased with its performance with the exception of the forwards. I would have expected a firmware fix for this basic issue long before now.