What's new

RT-AC87U High Temp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lostindark

Regular Contributor
Hello,

Yesterday I've setup me new router and i was surprised to see high temprature data:

2.4GHZ: 46C 5GHZ: 67C CPU: 78C when room temprature is 21-22C

Is this normal , do i need active cooler..? What i have to do in summer when room temprature is 30-33C?

Should i expecting 5GHZ R.I.P?

Thanks in advance

It's normal temp for 87u.
I have similar for my two 87u

Thanks, for me it's to high.. , i've already ordered AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7, after instalation i will share my experience. Thanks again..

Thanks .. i've already read this, but a lot of big difrences at the temprature.. Someone get 92 C at CPU , others 77-78.. I can't understand why the rooters has so big difrences in temprature.. Is it true that new ALPHA3 merlin firmware decrease temprature with around 10C? And also what is the difrence between these thw ALPHA3 ( one from 11/30 and other 12/7)?

Thanks .. i've already read this, but a lot of big difrences at the temprature.. Someone get 92 C at CPU , others 77-78.. I can't understand why the rooters has so big difrences in temprature.. Is it true that new ALPHA3 merlin firmware decrease temprature with around 10C? And also what is the difrence between these thw ALPHA3 ( one from 11/30 and other 12/7)?

No. The firmware has no impact on temperature.

Thanks, for me it's to high.. , i've already ordered AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7, after instalation i will share my experience. Thanks again..

I'm very pleased with this cooling solution.. There is 3 steps for blowing low-mid-high..
At low step, i recieve: 2.4 GHz - 38C 5 GHz - 51C CPU - 56C
At middle step: 2.4 GHz - 36C 5 GHZ - 48 C CPU - 51C

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JLV4BWC/?tag=snbforums-20

Very quiet fans.

P.S. Best result that i've recived with this set of fans is one fan to blow to the router the other to blow to the desk. That's make air to rotate trough the router.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!