What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7411- Unofficial beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poor_poor

Regular Contributor
RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7411- Unofficial beta

Download: http://goo.gl/3q8WZb

New: bandwidth limiter for QoS feature
Update: dpi engine RC29
Update: Ai Protection signature into 1.058
Update: odhcp6c v1.1-27-g0245257
Fix: Dual-Wan load-balance works abnormal
Fix: mac clone works abnormal
Fix: WiFi button to enable wireless signal, wireless 5G cannot connect
Fix: WPS disabled Unable to connect the wireless 5GHz
Fix: AiProtection executive Router Security Scan cannot connect the wireless 5G

Please feedback to me only

So far the only thing I've found not working are:
-WPS still been re-enabled after reboot
-IP/MAC binding from client list does not work (still have to assign it directly on the DHCP tab)
-QoS Device Priorities colors are not appearing when assigned (didn't have the chance to test priorities to see if it's just a webGUI issue or the whole thing not working)

Last edited:
Still no battery drain fix for Android devices. I don't have any issue with Merlin's firmware.

Still no battery drain fix for Android devices. I don't have any issue with Merlin's firmware.

Out of curiosity, see what happens with your power drainage if you run this over SSH:

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc pm auto
service restart_wireless

Here it's set to "off" and I don't see any particular power drain issue with neither my N4 or my N9.

NOTE: I haven't cleared the settings, just updated the firmware in a 7177->7369->7177->7411 !!!

So not sure if it's my case or a bug with this FW but in my case the bugs are as the ones reported by sentinelvdx:

o far the only thing I've found not working are:
-WPS still been re-enabled after reboot
-IP/MAC binding from client list does not work (still have to assign it directly on the DHCP tab)

and I can not assign any priorities in the adaptive QoS devices tab, they are all grey.

But again it might be the cause that I have to reconfigure my router. I am just to lazy to spend shirtloads of hours and reboots every time a new FW appears, I just do it once in a while for rock stable FWs.

Regards,
Ank

No, I do a hard reset on each upgrade, so it's not because of that. The QoS thing you mention I have it too

Replied through Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, see what happens with your power drainage if you run this over SSH:

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc pm auto
service restart_wireless

Here it's set to "off" and I don't see any particular power drain issue with neither my N4 or my N9.

Hi RMerlin,

N4 & N9 is what device???

What is your android version.

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc pm auto
service restart_wireless

Seems to have fixed the draining issue. Than you.

Seems to have fixed the draining issue. Than you.

Interesting. Note that this won't survive a reboot however. And it might bring up other issues, which would explain why Asus is disabling power management by default.

Interesting. Note that this won't survive a reboot however. And it might bring up other issues, which would explain why Asus is disabling power management by default.
Actually it didn't fix it. Battery drain is still present. Your latest firmware doesn't have this issue.

Dear all, there is a difference between FW xxx.7410 and xxx.7411?! Seems that the hardwarezone published 7411 and on asus official page is 7410... (AC87U)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikrotik(for routing) + AC87U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)

Actually it didn't fix it. Battery drain is still present. Your latest firmware doesn't have this issue.
Dear all, there is a difference between FW xxx.7410 and xxx.7411?! Seems that the hardwarezone published 7411 and on asus official page is 7410... (AC87U)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikrotik(for routing) + AC87U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)
Hi Faur,

Please see the changelog on the first post :)

Anyway you guys don't need to share the direct url post from hardwarezone.

7411 is newer build.

Hi Faur,

Please see the changelog on the first post :)

Anyway you guys don't need to share the direct url post from hardwarezone.

7411 is newer build.
I don't agree on that, it's good to share the source if it's not coming directly from who started the thread.
That way people can follow both threads for help, feedback, etc.

Replied through Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!