What's new

RT-AC88U two issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

phonos

New Around Here
Hey All, I've had this router now for a few months and so far I'm loving it. Having a few odd issues just pop'd up though. One is I bought my daughter a Lenovo b50-80 and it is causing an odd issue. SO when it is on and connected to the network via the WiFi it starts filling the log with
miniupnpd[776]: upnp_event_process_notify: connect(192.168.1.173:2869): Connection timed out
anywhere from 4-7 times in a minute. It's wireless adapter is a Atheros (2.4 Ghz only) and I've updated to the latest drivers Lenovo has. I turned off Windows Firewall and the McAfee firewall in the software that comes with the laptop. It is the only device I have that does this. Any suggestions, ideas etc?

Second also appearing in the logs (Lenovo is off)
miniupnpd[776]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
This is causing a connection drop for my WiFi, primarily affecting my work stuff that has to connect via Citrix and my Cisco phone. So I have a TP-LINK Wireless N Access Point TL-WA901ND connecting wirelessly to the AC88U and the TP-LINK has a Arubia router sitting behind it with the computer and PoE Cisco phone connected (I know that's a lot of setup but it works and I have no control over the Arubia so I can't just use it wirelessly). So when the TP Link loses connection the Arubia either drops out enough to force it's self and the Cisco phone to reconnect along with Citrix or just the Citrix session loses connection and causing me to have to log in again. Now this just started, I've ran this same setup with the AC66U (died on me) and AC68P for two years before going to the AC88U. So I'm just having a problem trying to ID whats causing the problem. Again any suggestions, idea, etc. Thank you.

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_3341
QoS is off, Game Boost is off, AiProtection is Off

UPNP messages are not causing a connectivity drop, it's the other way around: the connectivity drops are causing UPNP errors because the computer that had forwarded those ports over UPNP is no longer answering requests.

Your issue lies with your wifi stability. Try the usual suggestions: fixed channel, look for interference sources, update drivers, etc...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!