What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Excuse me, looked in the app store, is it the 7zip opener or the 7zip rar??

Thanks in advance.

Well tried to use 7zip and it could not unzip, says file is damaged???

Use 7z. For me it works...even after the reset of the router...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Use 7z. For me it works...even after the reset of the router...

Weird it does not work for me??? Hmmm will try again.

Ok I got it used another program.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
First wifi test on 5Ghz AC using Galaxy S5, 5 m from the router is good...over 330Mbs down and over 250Mbs up...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458675963031.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1458675963031.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 395
So AC88U owners, does this firmware include both Smart Connect, and Repeater mode for y'all? As they posted this same build for the AC3100, with same change log. However no Smart Connect, or Repeater mode. Also at least on my AC3100 the 2345 build is pretty much the same as the alpha 2310 mu-mimo build, size, and all. The 2345 build even includes MU-MIMO option in the advanced wireless tab, at least on the AC3100 build.

for me, yes...till now...keep monitoring ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikrotik(for routing) + AC88U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)

for me, yes...till now...keep monitoring ...

Mikrotik(for routing) + AC88U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)
have you enable smartconnect feature?

nope...

Knock on wood, but this firmware update may have solved the problems I was having with the RT-AC88U as a media bridge. Since installing the new firmware, it's been up for four hours so far and it's not fallen off the network. Here's hoping . . . .

So AC88U owners, does this firmware include both Smart Connect, and Repeater mode for y'all? As they posted this same build for the AC3100, with same change log. However no Smart Connect, or Repeater mode. Also at least on my AC3100 the 2345 build is pretty much the same as the alpha 2310 mu-mimo build, size, and all. The 2345 build even includes MU-MIMO option in the advanced wireless tab, at least on the AC3100 build.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/of...irmware-version-3-0-0-4-380-2345.31204/page-2

I guess the Smart Connect and Repeater Mode is only enabled for the 88u and not 3100. Dumb, Asus should remove the change log of those features.

Does anyone know where (in Canada) I can get this rt-ac88u from ?
I know newegg.ca (used to) carry it, but I have been searching and haven't found any retailers that are selling it here.

It's been awhile since a firmware upgrade. I uploaded the firmware and all seems fine. I did have to use 7zip to extract the file. Windows 10 native extractor could not do it.

I will update later if I see any problems.

I use WinRAR on my windows 10. Unzipped just fine.

Asus has removed .2345 firmware from Support site.
One problem i´ve found is that when you enable smart connect feature it hangs the router and you need to use recover mode to restore it to operational state.
Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!