What's new

RT-ACT66U Router Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A.Davis

Occasional Visitor
New error DHCP Failure, am new to asus router an could use all the help i can get with setting WAN and DNS. please open to all advice and help with this matter.

You really must give more information: there are some very clever people here, generous with their free time, but, sadly, not clairvoyant.

For example, exact details of the DHCP error message (if that's what you got), details of your network and especially if you are trying to do something out of the ordinary. And, of course, details of your present settings that you feel are causing the problem. You could, for example, attach a couple of screenshots of the setting pages that you are having difficulties setting up. Also, details of any troubleshooting you have done.

screencapture-192-168-2-1-Advanced_DHCP_Content-asp-1431787459745.3.png
one of my screen.

screencapture-192-168-2-1-Advanced_ASUSDDNS_Content-asp-1431787511067.5.png
screencapture-192-168-2-1-Tools_OtherSettings-asp-1431787412544.2.png
here are some more screen shot's if they will help some help me figure out what am doing wring with my router

Where do you have your IP Pool Starting Address IP Pool Ending Address can't see if also missing IP Address and Subnet Mask
Start with correct that and test again.

Or maby its better do a NVRAM resett and test without set any settings and add them one by one after.

Last edited:
You are not describing the issue adequately enough and the screen shots you link to are too small to be decipherable. Links to full size images are always preferred.

......and the screen shots you link to are too small to be decipherable. Links to full size images are always preferred.

A Davis, you may well have made the mistake I made, not realising that, if you attach the image as a file, there are all sorts of problems. The image icon allows you to link from a public image-storage location. I understand Imageshack is one such place. In the past I've used my public Dropbox folder, but I'm conscious that if, for whatever reason, the image is removed from that location, or public access is no longer possible, it would be frustrating for anyone coming to that post in future.

New error DHCP Failure, am new to asus router an could use all the help i can get with setting WAN and DNS. please open to all advice and help with this matter.

According to your screen shot, you have removed the IP subnet for the dhcp pool. Factory reset the router and start over. Don't remove / change settings you are unsure of. Read the manual first..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online