What's new

RT-N56U-New Firmware (3.0.0.4.318)-Feedback?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rrobster

New Around Here
Has anyone updated to this new (as of today: 12-18-2012) firmware?
I am still running 1.0.1.8N due to some issues that I have heard about relating to the 3.0.0.4.260 firmware.

I am still running 1.0.1.8N due to some issues that I have heard about relating to the 3.0.0.4.260 firmware.

Hi rrboster !

Not yet ... do you know if we have to do the same procedure that Asus recommended for the last version 3.0.0.4.260 ?

Thanks !

Concerning the reset button......

I'm not certain if you need to do the reset after the upgrade, as Asus recommended with the 3.0.0.4.260 firmware update. If I end up performing the update, I'll save current settings and post the results here.

I'm not certain if you need to do the reset after the upgrade, as Asus recommended with the 3.0.0.4.260 firmware update. If I end up performing the update, I'll save current settings and post the results here.

OK ! I will try to reset the router ... just in case. I will post the results here too.

Thanks rrobster !

Seems functional except for IPv6 looking broken. Tried several times, several reboots, disabling and re-enabling, etc. No luck. Didn't do any more with it when I saw that, back to my other router.

Too bad.

If anyone gets IPv6 going with this firmware, please tell me how you did it *smile*.

Hi Everybody!

Please try out version .318 and let me know if you have any problems. This version has updated wireless drivers that should fix many of the wireless disconnections experienced with previous versions.

Version 3.0.0.4.318

Thanks!

P.S. @RogerSC: Please contact me with the issues you are having with IPv6.

Hi Everybody!

Please try out version .318 and let me know if you have any problems. This version has updated wireless drivers that should fix many of the wireless disconnections experienced with previous versions.

Version 3.0.0.4.318

Thanks!

P.S. @RogerSC: Please contact me with the issues you are having with IPv6.

Jeremy, email is winging its way to you as we speak.

Guest Mode?

Some have inquired as to a "guest mode" on the 56U and it is still not offered as an option with the .318 update.
Also, has anyone found it necessary or not to do a factory reset on the router after the upgrade to .318? Thanks!

Last edited:
Only found some graphic issues....
The QOS Screen overlaps the help/search area.
SSID Should be lowered down allow more characters. (would make the interface look better and there's plenty of room).

Included is a photo of what im refering to...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/318graphicerrors.jpg/

Yes, there are a few graphical errors. I will let the developers know :).

Some have inquired as to a "guest mode" on the 56U and it is still not offered as an option with the .318 update.
Also, has anyone found it necessary or not to do a factory reset on the router after the upgrade to .318? Thanks!

I don't think Guest Networks will be on the RT-N56u. The developers are looking into it, but it may never be included. It requires additional memory that the RT-N56u just doesn't have. If it was implemented, other features (including normal throughput) may suffer. The decision right now is to leave it out so that the regular features work properly.

Apart from IPV6, it seems to be working great with wireless working stably without any disconnects.

any dns wont work, only connect automatically works. minidlna also having problem sometimes. restart by itself while watching videos. Should have some options or tweaks on it. .317 seems to be much much much better.

any dns wont work, only connect automatically works. minidlna also having problem sometimes. restart by itself while watching videos. Should have some options or tweaks on it. .317 seems to be much much much better.

Thanks for the confirmation, was driving me nuts, thinking it was just me, where can I get .317 please.

Thanks

I posted it on the other topic called beta firmware. Should be easy to find. =)

Nope :( 317 does the same with OpenDNS, no internet with manual DNS, Automatic works OK..... hopefully ASUS will fix it soon.

Thanks anyway my friend :)

Rly.. Thats too bad man. I'll contact jeremy regarding that issue

New firmware

I updated and have had the same issues as previous versions. Intermittent dropping connections, slow connections. Connected but will not go to site. Everything is set at default except for DNS, using open DNS

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!