What's new

RT-N66U bandwidth management

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tritius

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
please forgive me if this is a something already discussed somewhere ...

I have the need to reduce the bandwidth of 2 IP addresses inside my network.
I tried with QoS management but with poor result (overall performance derating, ineffective performance derating onto the desired IP addresses).

Can someone suggest me a different method to do so ?

From my point of view, it could be nice to include bandwith control under the "Parental Control" menu, to allow kids WHEN have internet connectivity and the amount of bandwidth ...

Thanks in advance.

I asked ASUS months ago if it's possible to limit bandwidth (in my case on the Guest Network). They said it's not since iptables cannot distinguish between packets going to Guest and others going to the normal network.

However, I think this is BS as one can tag and use qdiscs to throttle bandwidth. Don't ask me how to use qdiscs as I've never played with them

I asked ASUS months ago if it's possible to limit bandwidth (in my case on the Guest Network). They said it's not since iptables cannot distinguish between packets going to Guest and others going to the normal network.

However, I think this is BS as one can tag and use qdiscs to throttle bandwidth. Don't ask me how to use qdiscs as I've never played with them

Thank you so much for your answer ...
I was thinking too about the usage of the guest network and you resolved me the questiion in advance.
I will investigate about "qdiscs" because I don't know anything about ...