What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

so I'm here requesting a copy of your router’s "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" file so I can implement a fix.

@Martinski, here you go for my RT-AX86U and thanks very much for looking into this!

Code:
curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl0 = (curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl1 = (curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl2 = (curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl3 = (curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_cpuTemp = "52.268"; fanctrl_info = "";

Note that I have both my wifi bands disabled as per my sig - run separate AP's for that.

@Martinski, here you go for my RT-AX86U and thanks very much for looking into this!

Code:
curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl0 = (curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl1 = (curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl2 = (curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl3 = (curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_cpuTemp = "52.268"; fanctrl_info = "";

Note that I have both my wifi bands disabled as per my sig - run separate AP's for that.
Thanks Stephen, as I was suspecting in my prior post, the GT-AX6000, RT-AX88U and RT-AX86U uses the same sensor functions. This will make it more simplier for @Martinski upcomming fix.

Thank you very much to all who have taken the time to provide the requested file/info.

So far, it looks like there are essentially only 2 variations of the "ajax_coretmp.asp" file; if this trend holds for other AX router models, it will definitely make the fix much simpler. But, I'd still like to get files from the RT-AX86U Pro & RT-AX88U Pro, and perhaps (ideally) one from a tri-band router (e.g. GT-AXE11000), or even a quad-band router (e.g. GT-AXE16000) just to confirm that there is not a 3rd variation of the ASP file since I'd like to implement the fix to cover as many current router models as possible.

Even if you don't have scMerlin installed, would an owner of any of the "Pro" models please provide a copy of the "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" file? Or a copy from a web browser output using would be just fine as well.

Thanks.

Sorry, I put it in the wrong thread @Martinski

curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw = "44°C"; curr_coreTmp_wl0 = (curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw = "48°C"; curr_coreTmp_wl1 = (curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl2 = (curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_wl3 = (curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_wl3_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_cpuTemp = "67.506"; fanctrl_info = "";

I am running scMerlin too

Wouldn’t it be more straightforward to just backport Merlin’s update_temperatures()code to scMerlin? It looks like Jack cloned that function way back when.

Good thought. However, the code I have already started to write this evening using a somewhat similar logic does a lot more checking & verification to account for older AC-class router models running older F/W. For example, in an RT-AC68U running 386.7_2 F/W, the "else" statements in the following code snippet would generate reference errors due to undefined vars:

Bash:
else
{
    curr_coreTmp_24_raw = curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw;
    if (band5g_support)
         curr_coreTmp_5_raw = curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw;
    if (wl_info.band5g_2_support)
         curr_coreTmp_52_raw = curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw;
    else if (wl_info.band6g_support)
         curr_coreTmp_6_raw = curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw;
}

Because the set of variables used (curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw, curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw, curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw) do *not* exist in the F/W. In any case, it's a good template to have as a starting point.

The fix in the scMerlin webGUI is looking good so far.

Here's a snapshot from my RT-AC86U (Dual-Band):

RT-AC86U_scMerlinTemptrs_DB.jpg

Another snapshot from the same RT-AC86U simulating a "Tri-Band" setup:

RT-AC86U_scMerlinTemptrs_TB.jpg

And another snapshot simulating a "Quad-Band" setup:

RT-AC86U_scMerlinTemptrs_QB.jpg

I've noticed that the shell script CLI shows correct temperatures for Dual-Band routers only, so I have more work to do there to add Tri-Band & Quad-Band support. I should be finished by tomorrow after more testing & verification are completed.

FYI.

My latest code changes in the scMerlin shell script are looking good as well.
Here are screenshots showing temperatures for Dual-Band, "Tri-Band" & "Quad-Band" setups:

RT-AC86U_scMerlinCLITemptrs_DB.jpg

RT-AC86U_scMerlinCLITemptrs_TB.jpg

RT-AC86U_scMerlinCLITemptrs_QB.jpg

I'll finish up tomorrow. I've got things to do tomorrow morning, but I'll resume sometime late afternoon. Barring any unexpected events, I'll submit a PR to @Jack Yaz sometime in the evening (likely after dinner).

FYI.

My latest code changes in the scMerlin shell script are looking good as well.
I'll submit a PR to @Jack Yaz sometime in the evening (likely after dinner).

FYI.
He does still pop in here from time to time, but I'm not sure he'll merge your PR these days. My impression is that he was looking for/hoping someone would pick up the torch and take over for him moving forward.
Is that potentially you?

He does still pop in here from time to time, but I'm not sure he'll merge your PR these days.
So far, @Jack Yaz has responded to & merged every GitHub PR that I have submitted for YazFi & YazDHCP add-ons since I started making PRs last December. In fact, just yesterday (Friday) JackYaz merged the changes I made in YazDHCP to address a couple of issues (see this thread here).

Yes, sometimes it takes a few days (perhaps a week) for him to resurface and merge a pending PR, but that's fine with me since the code changes we're dealing with here are not considered mission-critical. I'm sure @Jack Yaz is busy with his own "stuff" and his life outside this forum (as am I), so we do what we can, when we can, as our spare time allows it based on priorities.

My impression is that he was looking for/hoping someone would pick up the torch and take over for him moving forward.
Is that potentially you?
No, I cannot take that role ATM, and certainly not in the near future. Perhaps when I retire, but that's ~8 years away. Currently, my plate is already full as it is, and I believe it would be rather careless & shortsighted to take on the responsibility of other "extracurricular" projects knowing full well that I don't have the time to do them right. See the following post where I previously gave my thoughts on the subject as well:

How do you uninstall the graphical changes on the router GUI implemented by scMerlin? I have uninstalled scMerlin, but the Sitemap tab is still there on the Addons page and the popups are still there as you hover over the tabs on the left side of the router GUI.

Seeing, what I assume is, the same post uninstall of scMerlin on 388.2_2. See it in Brave, Edge, Firefox. Have rebooted the router and done CTRL+F5 on the browser(s). @Jack Yaz Any way to "fix" it so those mouse over tool tips no longer show? I.e. what code, script, etc (I'm looking through the GitHub stuff now) handles those mouse over's so it can be removed after uninstalling scMerlin?
View attachment 50365
Are you guys talking about the scMerlin pop-ups like these?

scMerlin_Popup#1.jpg

scMerlin_Popup#2.jpg

Do they continue to show up after uninstalling scMerlin?

If so, I'll put it on my to-do-and-fix list. My cousin mentioned seeing something like this when he un-installed and then re-installed the add-on trying to see if that would fix the problem with the "missing temperatures" on the webGUI page, but we pretty much ignored that since he wasn't sure exactly at what point during his troubleshooting he noticed them, and he actually wanted to have scMerlin installed anyway.

I believe I know what/where the problem might be, but I need to do more digging to be sure.

Do they continue to show up after uninstalling scMerlin?
From what I remember in my quick test with scMerlin is that I had some menu weirdness happening after uninstalling scMerlin (clearing browser cache at the time didn't help). I just ended up just hard factory resetting the router and the issues disappeared. I assume something got left behind somewhere post uninstall. Tried looking through the scMerlin coding at one point to see where things got installed or added (menu related) but just decided to hard reset and move on since I wasn't using scMerlin or its features.

So far, @Jack Yaz has responded to & merged every GitHub PR that I have submitted for YazFi & YazDHCP add-ons since I started making PRs last December. In fact, just yesterday (Friday) JackYaz merged the changes I made in YazDHCP to address a couple of issues (see this thread here).

Yes, sometimes it takes a few days (perhaps a week) for him to resurface and merge a pending PR, but that's fine with me since the code changes we're dealing with here are not considered mission-critical. I'm sure @Jack Yaz is busy with his own "stuff" and his life outside this forum (as am I), so we do what we can, when we can, as our spare time allows it based on priorities.

No, I cannot take that role ATM, and certainly not in the near future. Perhaps when I retire, but that's ~8 years away. Currently, my plate is already full as it is, and I believe it would be rather careless & shortsighted to take on the responsibility of other "extracurricular" projects knowing full well that I don't have the time to do them right. See the following post where I previously gave my thoughts on the subject as well:

If you folks have worked out an equitable arrangement, far be it from me to mess with it.
Thanks to you both for your efforts!

From what I remember in my quick test with scMerlin is that I had some menu weirdness happening after uninstalling scMerlin (clearing browser cache at the time didn't help). I just ended up just hard factory resetting the router and the issues disappeared. I assume something got left behind somewhere post uninstall. Tried looking through the scMerlin coding at one point to see where things got installed or added (menu related) but just decided to hard reset and move on since I wasn't using scMerlin or its features.
Understood.

Earlier this afternoon, I was about to submit the GitHub PR for the changes/fixes to address the "missing temperatures" on the webGUI page; but first, I decided to uninstall scMerlin to see what happens (I'm not keeping it on my own router since I don't need it for my purposes). And sure enough, the "Addons" option, "Sitemap" link & pop-ups were left behind even though the actual scMerlin webGUI page was completely gone.

scMerlin_Link&PopupsLeftBehind.jpg

Being the curious type, I couldn't resist & went looking for the "hooks" that I suspected were left behind during uninstallation. The bottom line, I found the cause and fixed the problem. I've already submitted the GitHub PR to the scMerlin "develop" branch.

FYI,

Today, @Jack Yaz has merged my changes/fixes that address 2 issues: a) "missing temperature values" on the webGUI page, and b) leaving the Sitemap link & pop-up elements/items behind after uninstalling the scMerlin add-on.

You can switch from the current master branch 2.4.0 version to the develop branch 2.4.1 version with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin develop

If you're already on the develop branch, simply do the update with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin forceupdate

FYI,

Today, @Jack Yaz has merged my changes/fixes that address 2 issues: a) "missing temperature values" on the webGUI page, and b) leaving the Sitemap link & pop-up elements/items behind after uninstalling the scMerlin add-on.

You can switch from the current master branch 2.4.0 version to the develop branch 2.4.1 version with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin develop

If you're already on the develop branch, simply do the update with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin forceupdate
And may I say it's working great. Thank you @Martinski

Thanks @Martinski, also working well with my GT-AX6000.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!