What's new

Settings have been updated... Locked out...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am having the exact same problem for some time now. I think it all started when I upgraded to a Merlin based firmware.

I've now upgraded to the latest Merlin version (RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.49_5.trx) and after an hour or so I can't access the web interface of the router anymore. No above mentioned method/trick in this thread will work, except restarting the router (RT-AC66U). Internet access works just fine - but I am looked out from my router until I unplug/ restart it.

Frustrate-o-Rama.

Have you ever done a reset to factory defaults and then manually enter only the required settings to get online with your ISP and secure the router?

Yep. I just upgraded the firmware today and prior to that I restored to factory reset via 10 second push of reset button on the router.

Make sure you don't have something running on your computer that might be constantly trying to access the router's web interface, which would cause it to blacklist that computer's IP due to too many failed login attempts. One way to confirm this is to try to access the router with another computer or mobile device to see if it can access it.

Also, try unplugging any USB disks from it to see if it's more stable. If it is, then it could be your media server causing the router to either crash or run out of memory as it tries to scan a corrupted media file.

I had this issue of the Asus Config page not loading properly after log in.
After trying all the suggested troubleshooting from different forums.
I was able to resolve the issue by changing the LAN IP from 192.168.1.1 to something different 192.168.1.XXX
I am thinking maybe my Cable Modem and the router where using the 192.168.1.1

1. I reset the router to factory default (thinking it was the firware update, it was not )
2. I set my laptop TCP\IP to 192.168.1.2 ( so it can be on the router network )
3. Once I finished the Asus config/Wizard , I quickly change the LAN IP

This resolved my issue.
Now the Asus working like a monster, Very happy customer , I can log in Wireless, and any web browser with no issues.
I will post this in as many forums I can find with issue.

Thanks , IB from IT.

Old thread I know - Just wanted to say I had this same problem. What fixed it was using a different power supply, apparently it went bad and it caused the router to be unstable.

Just faced this issue on 3.0.0.4.384_32799/ac86u. I still able to ssh in and fix it by running:
service restart_httpd

Just faced this issue on 3.0.0.4.384_32799/ac86u. I still able to ssh in and fix it by running:
service restart_httpd
Yours is Asus stock firmware. This forum is about the Asuswrt-Merlin alternate firmware.

The error or inconvenience is the same though.

Yours is Asus stock firmware. This forum is about the Asuswrt-Merlin alternate firmware.

The error or inconvenience is the same though.
Oops. Sorry about that. Got here via search. Anyway, the fix is only temporary and it goes back to the error state after a few minutes.