What's new

SMB/NFS USB Disk Share on AiMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cqcqkrchs

New Around Here
I couldn't find the option to add a NFS share on AiMesh node (I found the option on the main router). The node router is a RT-AX88U. Is there a restriction on AiMesh or can we open a feature request for it?

On the other hand wondering if there is a way to set SMB v3, I only found v1/v2 or v1+v2.

Thanks!

The router doesn't support SMBv3 because the version of Samba that supports it is too big and bloated to run on the router.

What version of the firmware are you running on the node? You would have to be able to directly log into the GUI on the node to see the NFS option (if available). I'm not sure that's possible when running an AiMesh setup. Remember that NFS is not part of the stock firmware so Asus' AiMesh options will not know anything about it.

Perhaps you could temporarily configure the node as a simple access point (not AiMesh) and then log into it to setup NFS, then switch it back to being an AiMesh node.

Last edited: