What's new

Someone tried to log in to my forum account

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunner84

Occasional Visitor
Hi

Thought I would post this here as general discussion seems a bit quite.

I had an email to say someone had tried to log in to my account with 5 unsuccessful attempts "your account has been frozen for 15 minutes".

I also noticed another thread in gd about the same thing.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I guess there must be a few people on these forums that want to try hacking people's accounts?

Notice about these attempts has beem posted on the Forums front page for awhile now. I have been banning IP ranges as they are reported.

Make sure your password is strong if you don't want spam posted from your account and get your account deactivated.

Hi

Thanks what do you mean by get my account deactivated?

Also do you need the ip address that was used or would you already have it?

Many thanks

A deactivated account won't allow login. This will happen for any account that has been around for awhile and suddenly starts sending spam.

New accounts that spam are deleted immediately along with their posts.

Login failures are not logged. You need to submit the IP. This should be done via PM.

I dont think any site is safe from botnets or even spammers. Even my router gets so many hack attempts (the ports are closed and unexposed and they still try) but routerOS firewall has some fun things you can do against botnets and spammers.

just dont use the same account to login to various sites.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!