What's new

speedtest weirdness with 87u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elkido122

Occasional Visitor
running 378-56-2 if i run a speedtest on my iphone 6 plus and on my wired desktop at the same time my ping on the iphone sky rockets to over 200ms and my speeds on the desktop are not quit as advertised from my isp. if i do them completely separate from each other the problem does not exist. just though this was weird, should i treat this as a red flag and be concerned? thanks

More details and clarification needed (what is "iphone sky"?).

Seems like standard bufferbloat.

What exactly are your concerns?

running 378-56-2 if i run a speedtest on my iphone 6 plus and on my wired desktop at the same time my ping on the iphone sky rockets to over 200ms and my speeds on the desktop are not quit as advertised from my isp. if i do them completely separate from each other the problem does not exist. just though this was weird, should i treat this as a red flag and be concerned? thanks
I don't understand. If both devices are trying to download at maximum speed over the same ISP, why would you not expect that the total bandwidth available must be shared?

So you already have one device using all the bandwidth available from your ISP, and you expect that a second device, running at the same time, reaches the same...!? I wish...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!