Tools-Other Settings Page

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by eolew, Jan 27, 2013.

1. eolew

eolew New Around Here

My "Tools-Other Settings" page looks weird. Doesn't have the menu bars at the top of the page. I have to hit back to get back to be able to click on any other links. Any changes I make, when I click apply, nothing happens. The page literally starts off with Tools-Other Settings. Almost like what I'm seeing is supposed to be the content of the "Other Settings" tab, however all tabs are gone. I don't remember this page being like this before. Should I reflash? Reason why I checked was because my per IP monitoring isn't working. It is only logging real time but the daily and monthly no longer works.

Thanks!

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. eolew

eolew New Around Here

Also I incorrectly stated a path to store the log files for the bandwidth monitoring. Should be pointed to a usb drive attached directly the router, however I was testing and tried to put it on my computers desktop. Of course this means nothing to the router. Is there a way to clear this out? Here's a copy and paste of the log:

Jan 27 14:48:15 cstats[495]: Problem loading c:\users\vm\desktop\. Still trying...
    Jan 27 14:51:52 rstats[492]: Problem loading c:\users\vm\desktop\. Still trying...
    Jan 27 15:03:15 cstats[495]: Problem loading c:\users\vm\desktop\. Still trying...

Thanks. Surely I'm not the only one who's done this. :)

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

This is probably what is breaking the page. The disk has to be connected directly to the router, and must be referred through his mount point (for example, /mnt/sda1/data_folder/).

To regain access to that page, run these commands (one at a time) on the Run Cmd page:

Code:
    nvram set cstats_path=""
    nvram set rstats_path=""
    nvram commit

5. eolew

eolew New Around Here

Thanks, will do and will let you know when I get home. Great work too by the way!

6. eolew

eolew New Around Here

That did it. Page functions normal and is logging again. I'll attach some storage to it soon and have it saved there. Thanks again!