What's new

What is this? (TP-Link Archer BE800)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't cruise the web looking at other routers. I'm RMerlin specific!
Only system lights active on my router, and honestly, I can't understand why these lights/info nonsense:
Lights_Really.jpg

I can't understand why these lights/info nonsense

Similar to fridges with tablet screens on doors. Unrelated to main function feature, looks "cool" for younger generations.

I have been reading about it and it looks very promising.

This fourm is very focused on Asus products and Rmerlin software and very little attention is addressed to other products in the markets.

Last edited:
Because Asus (let alone Asus + RMerlin) has been doing things so much better than any other consumer router out there for the last decade or more.

Other products are just not interesting (not even remotely) when compared to the standards Asus and RMerlin set.

Because Asus (let alone Asus + RMerlin) has been doing things so much better than any other consumer router out there for the last decade or more.

Other products are just not interesting (not even remotely) when compared to the standards Asus and RMerlin set.
I do agree that this compaination is great, but why we dont look around for new products, experiences, etc

I know this fourm is very focused on Asus products and Rmerlin software, which is great but for me as consumer I still look for other opprutnities when ever they araise

I know Asus is a great manufacturer and I own few of thier routers spreading out in my House.

Of course, look.

In the last decade? Never found.

With the other brands not changing their focus from what they offered so long ago (cheap hardware, outdated firmware and libraries, and support so short that it borders on criminal), reading about them is all that's needed. Performance is always secondary to security, particularly for any internet facing products. And, it goes without saying that performance is better when the security aspect is ignored.

Plenty of opportunity exists for Asus and particularly other manufacturers, but I don't see any follow through with anyone but Asus on the consumer side.

Last edited:
Ok may be I was impressed by the gear on the BE800, but you are right the companation of hardware and software that will make the difference.

Since we dont have a real review of some one we know around here its kinda difficult to assess the TP-LINK at this moment, and the only thing we have is the past experience and of course the few reviews on youtube which does not tell you all the truth.

Qualcomm based TP-Link Deco home systems are better and cheaper "mesh" than AiMesh. Most home users don't need 101 settings to fiddle with. Easy to use home devices are the better ones for most users. TP-Link also offers unique products like Deco with Powerline backhaul or PoE power.

I have been reading about it and it looks very promising.

This fourm is very focused on Asus products and Rmerlin software and very little attention is addressed to other pdoducts in the markets.
Completely agree. As a former Asus router owner, I’ve had nothing but constant issues. I‘ve tried their all latest and greatest models and same inconsistent performance. Got tired of all the BS weekly firmware updates that fixes something only to make other things worse.

Switched to high-end Netgear router (RAXE500) and never had a single hiccup in almost a year now.

I have friends with Asus routers always complaining about various issues. Also I agree that this site has become too Asus-reliant. I take recommendations with a grain of salt as a result because most members are completely blind to other manufacturers and only make posts here through their Asus-colored glasses.

Completely agree. As a former Asus router owner, I’ve had nothing but constant issues.
I've only owned the XT8 and ET8, but "constant issues" is exactly what I got.
Switched to high-end Netgear router (RAXE500) and never had a single hiccup in almost a year now.
FWIW, I had Netgear Orbis (RBR850/RBS850) before the Asus units, and I couldn't recommend them to anybody. The last straw was when a forced firmware update bricked the main router. I went and bought Asus instead, which sadly wasn't a better experience. After a few months vainly trying to make those work reliably, I bought Zyxel NWA210AX units on the advice of a couple of people here. I've been pretty happy with those. They're probably not the best thing for networking newbies, sadly --- the admin GUI doesn't have an "easy mode" --- and also they are just APs not routers, hence not an all-in-one solution.

WiFi is where it's at today. Many people will spend that money and more on 'better' WiFi. Even if it's just to have the bragging rights.

These are corporations. They don't just jump in with both feet and hope to land on them. They've done the research, the polling, and the price variance in advance. Then they build the cheapest version possible to sell at the highest possible price.

Sometimes, the products are even worth buying for their objective performance increases over the previous offerings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!