What's new

[TUTORIAL] Native Transmission on asuswrt routers through optware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Another small thing, when I try formatting my usb stick to ext3 with the command mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1, it comes up with /dev/sda1 is mounted; will not make a filesystem here!

Hi ti everyone....
I have a strange problem...
My TRansmission client works for some times and then it stops. I must restart it using telnet and start command.
I notice that this problem comes out since i've updated firmware to new version 3.0.0.1_276.26b.
Is this a firmware problem or it depends from something else??

Thanks a lot

After how much time will stop?
When downloading some torrent or idle?
How it stops? is crashing or just cannot access web interface?
I don't think the reason is updating the firmware.

I don't know exactly how long does it works.
It usually happens during torrent download...
When i write command to start transmission daemon it tells me that is already working but 'm not able to conect
then i write down command app_set_enabled.sh transmission yes and then everything work again for some time.
I have noticed that directory called "download2" is created automatically some times...

How can i uninstall and reinstall it again to make a clear installation?

To make a clean installation:
stop transmission
remove asusware folder from usb drive with: rm -rf /mnt/sda1/asusware
install Asus Download Master
uninstall Asus Download Master
install transmission

If it hangs again, try the entware version, it's better

Thanks a lot i'll do it.
Can you tell me more about entware version?Where can i find it? Is there any link also for install?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if flexget will run with transmission on asuswrt?
http://flexget.com/wiki/InstallWizard/OpenWrt

I currently have quite a few rss torrent subscriptions on desktop and it would be great if my router could handle these.
And if it does work would i need the entware or optware version of transmission - or does it not matter?

Thanks

Sam

Edit: It installs and works fine - including transmission integration

Last edited:
hi all, i formatted my WD hdd in EXT3 and installed transmission two days ago using Optware but it was stopping randomly after a while ( couldn't login in the webpage ), so i decided to remove it yesterday and tried to install again using Entware after seeing some replies in this thread, at first it worked beautifully at high speeds so i went to sleep and when i woke up today and checked transmission it stopped the torrent file i was downloading, showing the message: "Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or directory ASUS RT-n66u", i could resume it and worked for more 20 min before the same error popup again, now i cant even access it from AiCloud

I am kind of desperate, its annoying having to reset it everytime =(

(I put the system log attached, but to keep it short i removed hundreds of repeated messages)

Attachments

• log.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 160
Hello,
I have a N56U with custom firmware 3.4.3.6-048 (https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/list) installed. Running Transmission 2.77. My questions is: is there a way to downgrade to transmission 2.03? I am very new to router terminal programming, but based on what I've read I think it can be done. Can I just remove it and re-install v2.03 following Merlin's guide?

Any comments, suggestions, or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Troy

Will it be possible to uninstall and reinstall just the transmission component? I just need to:

1) Make the ipk file
2) Uninstall (anyone have a tutorial?)
3) Follow Merlins guide to install?

You all think it will work?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!