What's new

Update traffic stats more frequently

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shark6969

Occasional Visitor
Is there any way to update traffic stats more frequently than one hour?
I need more frequency because I have a lot of power cuts.
I don't mind to do it with scripts using cron command.
Thanks

Get a UPS. If power is so unreliable, you are facing far more serious problems than the loss of between 1 and 59 minutes of traffic data.

I'll try YaMon, but I don't want to disable NAT acceleration because of the lost of wifi speed. I don't know if YaMon needs to have NAT acceleration disabled.
Related the power failure, as I have laptops, the only device with problems is the router and I don't know if it's worth to use a UPS when is more expensive than the router.
Because of it, I asked if there was a command basis way to update the stats....
Thanks

Related the power failure, as I have laptops, the only device with problems is the router and I don't know if it's worth to use a UPS when is more expensive than the router.

You can get a basic UPS for 50-75$. You don't need something fancy or with long battery life for this case.

The reason why I recommend one is because frequent power issues can potentially damage your hardware, in addition to the risk of data corruption with either the USB disk or the router's nvram.

Thanks for the tip, I also wanted more info on the traffic and could not wait for the new Merlin to come :D
Ater some trying it installed fine (AC87U) and was working some sort of ok I think (not all pages showed data, but that is maybe because I only had it run for an hour and a half.

Biggest drawback I noticed was my donwload speed.
I am on a 300/30 plan and without YAMon I actually get those speeds (even a little more). With Yamon my upload was still 30, mut download maxed out at 260 :(
So back to the "native" RMerlin monitoring for me.

Thanks for the tip, I also wanted more info on the traffic and could not wait for the new Merlin to come :D
Ater some trying it installed fine (AC87U) and was working some sort of ok I think (not all pages showed data, but that is maybe because I only had it run for an hour and a half.

Biggest drawback I noticed was my donwload speed.
I am on a 300/30 plan and without YAMon I actually get those speeds (even a little more). With Yamon my upload was still 30, mut download maxed out at 260 :(
So back to the "native" RMerlin monitoring for me.
YAMon should have little or no impact upon your download speeds. Yes it is an another process running on your router but it most of the time it is idle (and you can configure how frequently checks for updates).

Al