What's new

VPN and Network Shares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enabling Samba support on the VPN server causes the log to be flooded with entries about protocol such-and-such being "buggy."

Can RMerlin tell us if this is in any way harmful? Does it slow any of the router functions down?

Yes, it stops Apple Time Machine from working.

I recently replaced my old Linksys WRT54G with an ASUS RT-AC6U as the primary router connected to my cable modem. My Apple Time Capsule is connected via its WAN port to a LAN port on the ASUS. A few weeks later I found that incremental updates from my Apple Macbook to the Time capsule were taking several hours to complete instead of the usual 5 minutes and more often than not would fail completely. My Macbook was connected to my home network via the ASUS wifi ( the Time capsule is kept in an outbuilding on my property to keep my backups more secure). Had a look in the ASUS system log and saw multiple entries of the form "protocol 0000 is buggy..." did a google search using this log entry and here I am. Realised that I had set up the VPN server on the ASUS and wondered if I could fix my problem by disabling the server again. YES!!!

VPN PPTP Games

Hi,

can anyone help me? I opened a VPN server for the game, but players can not see each other. I have set this:

03c6036901565b7da25ece93f416c9196de580ff.jpg

6824052283fa299d2e55fdbd24b8e6f75f03c3bf.jpg

de27ca7883d6a2b2808e74e6ff1f1b935515e099.jpg

vpn works, downloading files from the server works, mumble server works, but players can not see each other. Perhaps the problem is broadcast. On LAN is subnet 255.255.255.0 but on PPTP is 255.255.255.255. I added a static route, but it does not help. If anyone knows, please help.

thank you
Petr

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!