What's new

What is the best free app for smart phone to check WiFI strengh and so on?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JOE.G

Regular Contributor
Hi, I am wondering what the best free app is so I can try to set my wifi up , looking to find dead spots and what not with a AIMESH set up. Thanks

Hi, I just tried an app called AR Signal Master. It helped me test the signal strength accurately and find out all the blind spots in my house. I really like the interface which displays the results directly by using AR. It can also record the signal strength of all the places you have passed and show the results in the heatmap where you can make comparison between different points in your house. Highly recommend you to have a try!!
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1281825606?mt=8&at=1001ldFh&ct=pOtLH180829

Last edited:
On iPhone/iPad - the free Airport Utility has a WiFi scanner built in (which makes it handy even if one doesn't use AirPorts) - nice thing about it is that one can export the results out as CSV and drop into a worksheet if needed.

Do you need an apple router to use this app?

No... to enable the scanner, one does have to go into settings, and select Airport Utility, and you'll find the switch to turn the scanner on.

I do not see settings as a option, The screen says internet and then it says can't find apple router.