What's new

What's the best way to know when a new Asuswrt-Merlin is available?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

el_pedr0

Occasional Visitor
Is there a mailing list or something that I can subscribe to in order to get notified of when new updates are available for Asuswrt-Merlin?

I'm hoping to find a way to get notified, rather than relying on intermittent checks of the website. Not just because I'm lazy, but because I want to reduce the risk introduced by a delay in me spotting that a security update might have been released.

It's imperfect, but if you subscribe to the email forum updates for Merlin and scan them daily for posts from rMerlin about new releases that would do it with only modest effort required.

Create a Mediafire account and follow the release folder of your model, or subscribe to the RSS feed on the Sourceforge mirror.

Twitter is what I used to recommend, but at least one person complained that I would occasionally post other stuff than firmware-related news.

The sourceforge suggestion couldn't be easier. Just stuck my email address in and ticked the 'follow this project' box. Great! Thanks all (esp. Rmerlin)

Create a Mediafire account and follow the release folder of your model, or subscribe to the RSS feed on the Sourceforge mirror.
I created a MediaFire account but for the life of me I can't see how to follow a folder. What am I missing? When I right click a folder, I see an UNFOLLOW option, but no FOLLOW. My list of currently followed files is empty. What the what?
--
bc

Last edited:
I created a MediaFire account but for the life of me I can't see how to follow a folder. What am I missing? When I right click a folder, I see an UNFOLLOW option, but no FOLLOW. My list of currently followed files is empty. What the what?
--
bc

No idea, I never used that feature. Mediafire keeps changing it, they added/removed/readded RSS support like four times over the last two years, without ever notifying anyone.

Twitter is what I used to recommend, but at least one person complained that I would occasionally post other stuff than firmware-related news.
Dang my friend... for all the work you do on this, you could post pictures of your cat scratching himself on Twitter and I would not complain. :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!