What's new

Wrong timezone for Venezuela

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Occasional Visitor
Hi Rmerl

You firmware is great. I have changed it in my RT-N16 and never looked back.

I was wondering if there is a hack to edit the timezone for Venezuela. Some years ago the timezone for the country was changed from GMT -4:00 to GMT -4:30

And, if it is not possible to do that... may be there is a way to change the time for the router to the correct Venezuelan time... so for example: when boots it synchronizes with the GMT -4:00 and maybe after that, with a script in the jffs partition that subtracts the 30 minutes and does that over an over every time the system time is synchronized.

Thanks in advance!
Rodolfo

Zeitzone Wien falsch

Vienna time zone is wrong by one hour.

Last edited:
And here we go again. Same thing happening every 6 months: daylight time saving starts or ends, and all the years-old bugs show up again.

Let me address it once again before locking up this thread: The timezone data used by Asuswrt is outdated, and fixing it is nearly impossible since it relies on an outdated version of uClibc, which also contains obsolete TZ data.

The fix is to switch the timezone DST settings to Manual, and enter the information yourself.

Fixing this would require making changes to components of the firmware over which I don't have control, so it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.