What's new

100% cpu usage on core 1 of AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm not getting my full connection speed out of my router like I used to. Wifi seems to stop working on some devices where it didn't before. And core 1 gets hammered weather or not I'm running a speed test. Core 2 rarely gets touched. even while media streaming or when the kids are on their zoom calls with school (4 of those using it at that time)

Not sure where to turn back on the hardware acceleration anymore
From the top output, the %sirq looks rather high. Were you doing some speedtest while taken the screenshot?
You may run top, then press 1. It will then show both CPU core utilization individually.

I too have been having the single core 100% usage for quite a while now, probably 8 months worth of Merlin updates. Even performed the 30-30-30 reset and ONLY setup my SSID & password (and separated my 2.4Ghz from my 5Ghz and named them appropriately.)

Maybe 100% CPU core utilization with high temperatures over an extended period of time could have resulted in sporadic partial hardware failure. The RT-AC3100 is getting old.

Try to completely power your router down, let it sit (maybe cool down), then power it back up. Check the temperatures after it's had a chance to cool down then after you start having issues with it again.

Maybe a proper NVRAM reset maybe in order since the 30-30-30 is not how you reset this routers settings. Good luck on finding a real solid solution for your issue.

Hi All,

I have RT-AC3200 running latest Merlin firmware, set all my 3 wifi bands to static channel, yet this acsd daemon keeps running. Moreover it prevents wireless service from restarting. If I issue
Code:
service restart_wireless
logs will say
Code:
waiting for wireless to restart
at the same time I would see acsd process eating 100% CPU, and then logs will say
Code:
skip event restart wireless
So in my case any change to wireless settings before I click "Apply" I need to make sure acsd isn't running.
@RMerlin what do you think I could do in my case? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

IIRC the acsd will still run unless you also set fixed bandwidths, e.g. 80 instead of 20/40/80.
Good one Colin! That was it. Thanks a lot!