What's new

160 MHz mini PCIe 802.11ac cards

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I might get a 9260 card just for shirts and giggles, although I already have a gigabit wireless Point-to-Point link between my laptop and my multipurpose mini-server using WiGig.
Those routers are so unnecessary expensive ... It bugs me so much that manufactures like Intel don't also develop hosting (AP) adapters, only client adapters. You would put one in a miniPC/router and one in your laptop/client, and boom. Ugh .. I guess the market is not there yet.

It bugs me so much that manufactures like Intel don't also develop hosting (AP) adapters, only client adapters. You would put one in a miniPC/router and one in your laptop/client, and boom. Ugh .. I guess the market is not there yet.

Intel just hasn't had much call to support AP mode on their adapters - one can hack things a little bit, and it kind of works for AP mode for 2.4GHz (basically leveraging the adhoc capability)... one of the challenges is 5GHz, and their the linux driver and firmware is set for no IR, which is ok for client STA, but useless as an AP.

Client STA, the intel cards are pretty good however - as good in many ways as the QCA chipsets - for hostapd, my preference is QCA, as their ARM and x86 support is very good, compared to the FOSS drivers for the others (broadcom, mediatek, marvell, realtek, etc..)