What's new

2.5G Gaming Port Issue | Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BiggShooter

Regular Contributor
Hoping for some help / troubleshooting steps in regards to the 2.5G Gaming port on the back of the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX-11000.

I just had my GT-AX11000 replaced under warranty, as LAN Port 4 was not working (no internet connection for devices connected to LAN Port 4). Asus Support sent me a brand new (factory sealed) GT-AX11000. Once I had the router configured (loaded most recent saved 'config' file), I decided to try the 2.5G Gaming Port. I connected my Xbox Series X to the 2.5G Gaming Port on the back of the GT-AX11000 (using Cat7 Ethernet cable) and it connected and was working just fine. After a few hours, I went back to my original configuration (Xbox Series X connected directly to modem).

This morning, I decided to go back to using the 2.5G Gaming Port. *Now, I'm not able to get an internet connection with my Xbox Series X plugged in to the 2.5G Gaming Port on the back of the GT-AX11000. I've made no changes to any of the settings (as far as I can remember) since it was working the first time I had a successful connection. I sure hope the 2.5G Gaming Port hasn't failed! Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps is much appreciated. Thank You.

Hoping for some help / troubleshooting steps in regards to the 2.5G Gaming port on the back of the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX-11000.

I just had my GT-AX11000 replaced under warranty, as LAN Port 4 was not working (no internet connection for devices connected to LAN Port 4). Asus Support sent me a brand new (factory sealed) GT-AX11000. Once I had the router configured (loaded most recent saved 'config' file), I decided to try the 2.5G Gaming Port. I connected my Xbox Series X to the 2.5G Gaming Port on the back of the GT-AX11000 (using Cat7 Ethernet cable) and it connected and was working just fine. After a few hours, I went back to my original configuration (Xbox Series X connected directly to modem).

This morning, I decided to go back to using the 2.5G Gaming Port. *Now, I'm not able to get an internet connection with my Xbox Series X plugged in to the 2.5G Gaming Port on the back of the GT-AX11000. I've made no changes to any of the settings (as far as I can remember) since it was working the first time I had a successful connection. I sure hope the 2.5G Gaming Port hasn't failed! Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps is much appreciated. Thank You.
Is your xbox still using the IP address of your modem? have you tried a hard reboot of the xbox to see if this resolves? Have you tried any other devices plugged in to that port to see if an internet connection is working?

Is your xbox still using the IP address of your modem? have you tried a hard reboot of the xbox to see if this resolves? Have you tried any other devices plugged in to that port to see if an internet connection is working?
I don't believe the Xbox was using the IP address from the modem, as 0.0.0.0 was present in the DNS Settings (Xbox Series X). I did perform a reset, but it was done going to GENERAL | Network Settings | Advanced Settings | Alternate MAC Address | Clear.

I did swap the gaming PC (connected to LAN Port 2) to the 2.5G Gaming Port and it doesn't appear it's receiving an internet connection.

Thanks for the continued support :)

**UPDATE**

After a factory reset, I'm still seeing issues with the 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) on the GT-AX11000. Frustrating, to say the least. This was a brand new / factory sealed GT-AX11000 sent from ASUS less than a week ago. This will be my second RMA (previous was 02/19) for the same issue (unable to establish internet connection via LAN5 / 2.5G Gaming Port - last time is was LAN4). :mad:

Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'm going to contact ASUS for an RMA.

**UPDATE**

I'm still seeing the same issue with the 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) showing 'Unplugged' when checking the status. This is the SECOND, brand new / factory sealed ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router I've receive from ASUS through the RMA process.

ORIGINAL PURCHASE: 01/21/2020 - Amazon. LAN4 failed - No connection to internet when using LAN4

RMA - 02/19/2021 - ASUS. 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) failed - No connection to internet when using 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) - Received brand new / factory sealed GT-AX11000 on 02/28/2021

RMA - 03/07/2021 - ASUS. 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) failed. No connection to internet when using 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) - Received brand new / factory sealed GT-AX11000 on 03/17/2021

After setting up / configuring the GT-AX11000 earlier this morning, I'm now not getting an internet connection to any wired device(s) plugged into the 2.5G Gaming Port. Needless to say, I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I contacted ASUS Tech Support and they are escalating the issue to another Tier of Tech Support.

I'm wondering if the issue stems from five wired devices being connected to the back of the GT-AX11000, which causes the router to "fail" one of the LAN ports? Is anyone using all five LAN ports on the back of their GT-AX11000? This is the configuration I've been using when the 2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) fails and shows the STATUS as 'Unplugged' when checking Network Map | System Status | Status.

LAN1 - PlayStation 5
LAN2 - Alienware Aurora R7 Gaming PC
LAN3 - Netgear 24-Port Gigabyte Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
LAN4 - Netgear 24-Port Gigabyte Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
2.5G Gaming Port (LAN5) - Xbox Series X

I appreciate any feedback / suggestions.

Any updates on this?

ASUS sent me another brand new / factory sealed router. I've yet to get it set up and configured for use.

Will be interesting to see if this still happens with Merlin loaded.

Hows your replacement working?
I haven't had a chance to get set up. We recently moved back to Minnesota from Arizona, and we have no internet. It's been almost a month :mad:

I did get an email over the weekend from our ISP. They will be dropping a line (for 1GB fiber) to the house, and once it's spliced in, they'll send someone out for the install. I guess in the end, it will be worth it to be able to get 1GB fiber (1GB down | 100MB up) :D

I would avoid connecting any game console to the 2.5Gb port.

Since you seem to have problems with game consoles on the 2.5Gb Port, it seems that either the consoles are a cause of the problem or the 2.5Gb port is not stable enough to handle the consoles, for what ever reason. I would connect something that is rated at 2.5Gb speed rates only to that port. I have a PC with a 2.5Gb rated LAN card connected to my GT router both in Wireless Bridge mode and Router mode and have not see any problems on this port. Just seems like something on the GT port doesn't like consoles being connected to it. Hopefully ASUS can figure it out.

Ok. Until game consoles also support 2.5Gb or higher speeds, I don't consider using that port unless you can take advantage of the connect rate speed. I have a PC with a 2.5Gb adapter installed and have not seen any issues while using it. I mostly use my GT in wireless bridge mode. Router mode does work as well. I have not connected my xbox to this port ever.

Alright I will use a regular LAN port ; however my other questions still stand! I don’t have any other info on the gaming port (feels super weird for cod! Reg feels off)

Hi! So i have 2 AX11000 in AiMesh mode, i have the node connected by ethernet backhaul to the main one using the 2.5G port, because i have dual wan (2 ISP´s) in balance mode (1000 mbps + 600 mbps), but the node gets disconnections a couple times a week and i need to reboot the system (main router) from app or web GUI to get the node running again... Rn using a regular 1Gbps port i havn't had any disconnection in like 5 days.... Rn now im using the latest Merlin Firmware.

So does this happen with stock FW?
Hi! So i have 2 AX11000 in AiMesh mode, i have the node connected by ethernet backhaul to the main one using the 2.5G port, because i have dual wan (2 ISP´s) in balance mode (1000 mbps + 600 mbps), but the node gets disconnections a couple times a week and i need to reboot the system (main router) from app or web GUI to get the node running again... Rn using a regular 1Gbps port i havn't had any disconnection in like 5 days.... Rn now im using the latest Merlin Firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!