What's new

2.5g WAN usage for 1g internet-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

homeofwind

Regular Contributor
Hi, can someone let me know any point for using DUAL WAN mode for 1g internet? what is the benefit of it? ISP modem has 2.5g port. I wonder if speed is limited to 1g, is there any point doing that?

if I connect a switch to the router(with 2 port 2.5g), is it better to connect it to a 2.5g port or a 1g port?

if I connect a switch to the router(with 2 port 2.5g), is it better to connect it to a 2.5g port or a 1g port?

A 2.5GbE uplink is obviously faster/better than a 1GbE uplink.

OE

You have to decide what this single 2.5GbE port is more useful for in your case - WAN or LAN. You have both options in GUI. Dual WAN is unrelated.
I assume the AX86U's 2.5g port is a WAN port too but there is no signal when I plug the cable to that port. Does it mean I can only use the 1g Internet WAN port?

You have to enable 2.5GbE port as WAN in the GUI. The default configuration is LAN.

Please, check the User Manual at least once before you continue asking this type of questions. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!