What's new

2 clients are connecting to RT-AC87U through this device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've seen this when first setting up my router. Rebooting the router clears it every time.

I've seen this when first setting up my router. Rebooting the router clears it every time.
I've had it persist through reboots, too (I commented on that earlier somewhere in this thread). When looking for the cause on a specific MAC, I did find the two IP's -- the current active one, and the originally assigned one -- recorded in a file, "/jffs/nc/nt_center.db". Not sure if that is connected in any way to NetworkMap, or if perhaps something else about my infrastructure is responsible, but rebooting the router alone doesn't reliably eliminate the "two devices are connecting" designations here.

Yeah, I saw some people say it survived a main router reboot but that appeared to be related to having an AP or repeater in between as well.

It's odd that it would survive a reboot. I've never personally seen that but stranger things can, and have, happened. :)

I use RT-AX88U and today i noticed this on one of my pc's showing the icon that i have 2 connections on my NUC PC.
I tried several things others have said and what helped was the tips to ENABLE/DISABLE the IPv6 on the router. Even when i just enabled it it disappeared. I disabled it as i had from the start and still i

If you check the device with dual connections and look at the ip properties and set them to manual you should see an ip address that differs from the router, assuming you have you 'Enable Manual Assignment' set to 'No'

If you manually assign IP addresses to every device this normally won't happen.

Sometimes the device will keep an ip address if it doesn't receive it from the router. This happens mostly with WiFi devices changing from 2.4G to 5G or vice versa.

That's been my experience.

So weird. I also had the same issue. A few devices including Bose Speaker (only connected using WiFi) was showing "there are 3 devices connected....". As someone suggested I enabled and then disabled IPv6 and that fixed it :). Let's see how soon it comes back.

So weird. I also had the same issue. A few devices including Bose Speaker (only connected using WiFi) was showing "there are 3 devices connected....". As someone suggested I enabled and then disabled IPv6 and that fixed it :). Let's see how soon it comes back.
Shouldnt IPV6 be enabled anyway? I have ipv6 enabled on my router 24/7

Last edited:
I have had this issue for quite some time, I decided to ignore some time ago (waiting on the new release to reset and configure everything then).

Most of the offending devices for me has been TP_Link devices that I have all on guest.

Doing the IPV6 trick works for me but I have the impression that it just resets every connection so the issue clears out (to come back days/weeks later).

I also have this "issue" on my lists of devices. I always wondered what it was.