What's new

2 Hr Logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TonyK132

I did a reboot yesterday, and now I only have about 2 hrs of System Logs in the GUI. It is possible I need to do a full-up reset from factory defaults to fix this, but is there something I can do in the mean time to get the logs working correctly? BTW, after the reboot, I found that ntpMerlin did not start (and yes, it is in the services-start file), and that my swap file was not being accessed. So I did a manual restart of ntpMerlin, and did a delete and create new swap file using amtm. That seems to have fixed those 2 problems, but maybe all those issues are related?

Update: I still only have 2 hrs worth of logs. Here is a snapshot of my jffs dir. What is causing the -1 file to only be that size?

Attachments

• JFFS Capture.JPG
    JFFS Capture.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
I did a reboot yesterday, and now I only have about 2 hrs of System Logs in the GUI. It is possible I need to do a full-up reset from factory defaults to fix this, but is there something I can do in the mean time to get the logs working correctly? BTW, after the reboot, I found that ntpMerlin did not start (and yes, it is in the services-start file), and that my swap file was not being accessed. So I did a manual restart of ntpMerlin, and did a delete and create new swap file using amtm. That seems to have fixed those 2 problems, but maybe all those issues are related?

Update: I still only have 2 hrs worth of logs. Here is a snapshot of my jffs dir. What is causing the -1 file to only be that size?
In case anyone is listening, Skynet just did an auto-update last night, and now the logs are working normally, with > 2 hrs being displayed in the System Log screen. So, do I need to manually need to restart Skynet after every boot to ensure the logs work right? Or, should I install Scribe, which may also solve the problem because of its handling of Log files?