What's new

2 Router Setup - 1 is VPN. How to allow devices under 2nd router to be visible across network?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbdale

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a home setup with 2 routers, looks roughly like the below. Primary router is a NightHawk X4S, VPN router is an ASUS RT-AC86U(Asuswrt-Merlin). The VPN is PIA.

ISP→→→PR→→→VPNR→→→→Comp2, Roku's, etc.
↓​
↓​
Comp1, most other devices.​

This is a new setup, so it worked for what I needed it for (Roku's) when I set it up (this week). However today I am trying to use the 2nd pc as well and ran into my first issue.

Is it possible to somehow make Computer 1 (and vice versa) and Computer 2 see each other on the network, preferably without compromising the VPN setup itself? Would the negatives outweigh the positives? Should I just move Comp2 to the PR and use the PIA client on it? I want to learn a bit more about how this works and what I should be doing.

Appreciate any input or if anyone can please just point me in the right direction. Thank you so much.

EDIT: Reposted this under the VPN section. Is is possible to close this thread?

Last edited: