What's new

2x AX89X AiMesh - Specific Devices Disconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shaangor

New Around Here
I have two RT-AX89X AiMesh'd together. Occasionally, specific devices will disconnect from the network and won't be able to reconnect until I reboot both routers. My Ring doorbell, a Dell laptop, and an iPhone have all had this problem, repeatedly. When it happens I get many messages in the System Log that look like this:

Oct 31 19:50:38 kernel: [198887.308975] ol_ath_mgmt_handler:1528 ni = NULL addr1 3c:7c:3f:0a:2b:50 addr2 4c:79:6e:d7:78:c3 addr3 3c:7c:3f:0a:2b:50, caller ol_ath_mgmt_rx_event_handler+0x2ac/0x2dc [qca_ol]

That message will be spammed repeatedly as the devices try to connect and fail. If I reboot, the problem goes away temporarily, until a weekish later it will happen again. Anyone run into this issue and know a fix?

I have the same issue. The device in question is a 1st generation surface book.

I'm rolling back to the previous firmware to see if it makes a difference.

scratch that. I'm boxing it back up to resell. SPF is intermittent after downgrading. I'm going back to the Google Fiber Technicolor router and extender they provided. Zero customizations but it works.... Good luck shaangor

scratch that. I'm boxing it back up to resell. SPF is intermittent after downgrading. I'm going back to the Google Fiber Technicolor router and extender they provided. Zero customizations but it works.... Good luck shaangor
Turns out the previous firmware didn't support it fully. Once I flashed the latest release again it's working