What's new

3.0.0.4.374.5656 fixes 3G Dongles Huawei ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Where can we get the RMerlin alpha builds?

Nothing to see there right now, the only change is I made the webmon Netfilter module compatible with the 2.6.36 kernel, and I also added the userspace library for the 2.6.22-based devices.

Just a small report that Merlin ver 374.43_2 works just fine with su_root's excellent solution! Thanks again!

Huawei E3276 (NOT Hilink) LTE/4G

The most stable connection I have had with a mobile broadband and a ASUS-router....;)

Hi rmerlin please add version 3.0.0.4.374.43.2 to rt-n66u model.With huawei e3276s fixed support.

The only change to 374.43_2 was to address the Time Machine issue which did not affect the RT-N66U. That's why there is no 43_2 build for this model.

Merlin,

I am using a 3G/4G dongle as the primary and only WAN access (no Dual WAN setup, RT-N66).

The internet setup options for a USB connection do not appear to provide an option to provide a manual entry for the DNS servers. Am I correct? If so, any particular reason why?

In this USB WAN setup, is the only option to alter the DNS server by using a jffs script?

Thanks..

Just a small report that Merlin ver 374.43_2 works just fine with su_root's excellent solution! Thanks again!

The most stable connection I have had with a mobile broadband and a ASUS-router....;)

Script is also working with my setup. Thanks

no luck with AC66u + Huawei E3276s + RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_0_RMerlin -
modem sows blue light what means connected, but no i-net connection :(

some info in attachment - 3ginfo.sh| lsusb| ps| route| ..

Attachments

• 140624_01.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 198
is there some way to read info about sim card?
i have two, one(Tele2.lv) for local usage and second(AldiTalk.de) for travel,
script must execute command with different parameters

p.s.
pocket router Tenda 4g301 remembers configured parameters for particular sim

Hi,

Didn't find any better Place to ask this but after fiddling around with my AC68U and flashing the stock to newest to newest merlin I still could not get my Huawei LTE dongle to work.

Then found the old Alpha4 build which finally enabled the dongle automatically and LTE is working -> speed surprisingly is capped to around 20 megs on downlink and about 15 megs on uplink.

Then reading on, got to try the commands on this thread to get the normal speeds out of the dongle but below is the output:

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Tue Feb 18 18:29:15 UTC 2014
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# echo -e "AT^NDISDUP=1,1,\"internet\"\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# udhcpc -i usb0 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
udhcpc: SIOCGIFINDEX: No such device
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

Any suggestions on how I could get this working?

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1665

Looks like ASUS just reversed earlier working connection.:(

They didn't bother adding new 4G modems and left everything with a crappy ppp-serial connection.... capped 20 Mbits.... :(

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1665

Looks like ASUS just reversed earlier working connection.:(

They didn't bother adding new 4G modems and left everything with a crappy ppp-serial connection.... capped 20 Mbits.... :(

I am using latest merlin build with that init-startup script. Connection is stable and I get same speed when I put 4g dongle straight to laptop. Currently DL speed is around 27mb and upload around 15mb. I am Currently waiting for new +16,5dB crosspolarization antennas for higher speeds....

I am using latest merlin build with that init-startup script. Connection is stable and I get same speed when I put 4g dongle straight to laptop. Currently DL speed is around 27mb and upload around 15mb. I am Currently waiting for new +16,5dB crosspolarization antennas for higher speeds....

Yes.... but with latest ASUS firmware we must break the connection so we can use cdc_ncm and the script again.

Or somehow unload the crappy driver which now loads, cdc_ether as I can see it.

Otherwise we are trapped in latest Merlin build.....

Yes.... but with latest ASUS firmware we must break the connection so we can use cdc_ncm and the script again.

Or somehow unload the crappy driver which now loads, cdc_ether as I can see it.

Otherwise we are trapped in latest Merlin build.....

Oh, I didnt know that asus has released new firmware. Yesterday I just browsed this forum and there was just new firmware for 66

Oh, I didnt know that asus has released new firmware. Yesterday I just browsed this forum and there was just new firmware for 66

Or that Merlin fixes this with his new version... ;)

I have tested a little now but I am only getting the error command when I am trying to use the script... (manual with telnet)

Code:

Something is locking the modem.....

Or that Merlin fixes this with his new version... ;)

I have tested a little now but I am only getting the error command when I am trying to use the script... (manual with telnet)

Code:

Something is locking the modem.....

got any clues yet @plun? :)
or are you stuckted

I recently picked up the Huawei e3272 based on the listing on the Asus website of compatible 4G USB sticks and I'm also getting the error:

Code:

I got it on the latest Asus firmware, and also on the current merlin FW. Looking at dmesg when i insert the stick in the router I see:

Code:
usb 1-1.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
scsi7 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
scsi8 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
scsi 7:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass Storage     2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
scsi 7:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
scsi 8:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HUAWEI   TF CARD Storage  2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
sd 8:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
option 1-1.1:1.0: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
usb 1-1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB0
option 1-1.1:1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
usb 1-1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB1
usbcore: registered new interface driver option
drivers/usb/serial/option.c: USB Driver for GSM modems: v0.7.2

For the usb log:

Code:
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1): Fail to get usb node.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.3): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.3): Not modem interface.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.2): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.2): Not modem interface.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp0): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp0/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp1): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp1/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp2): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp2/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp3): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp3/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp4): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp4/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp5): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp5/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp6): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp6/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp7): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp7/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp8): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp8/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp9): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp9/device.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): Runing USB serial with (0x12d1/0x1506)...
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp0): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp0/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp1): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp1/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp2): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp2/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp3): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp3/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp4): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp4/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp5): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp5/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp6): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp6/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp7): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp7/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp8): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp8/device.
[usb_dbg: get_usb_node_by_device] (lp9): Fail to get link: /sys/class/usb/lp9/device.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): Runing USB serial with (0x12d1/0x1506)...
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (1-1.1): Already there was a other interface(modem).
[usb_dbg: asus_sd] (sdb): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sd] (sdb): Had other interfaces(modem) on Port 1-1.1.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg2): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg2): Already had a running modem.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): interface_name=1-1.1:1.0, current_act=, current_def=.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): got_Int_endpoint(0)!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): set_default_node!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): interface_name=1-1.1:1.1, current_act=ttyUSB0, current_def=1.
[usb_dbg: get_interface_Int_endpoint] (1-1.1:1.1): It's a little impossible to be the control interface with a endpoint.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): got_Int_endpoint(0)!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): No Int endpoint!

I'm no linux master, but it does look like something is getting blocked. The web GUI recognizes the Huawei stick, but usb0 doesn't show up under ifconfig. Can anyone with a working stick post what their logs show?

I recently picked up the Huawei e3272 based on the listing on the Asus website of compatible 4G USB sticks and I'm also getting the error:

Code:

I got it on the latest Asus firmware, and also on the current merlin FW. Looking at dmesg when i insert the stick in the router I see:

Code:
usb 1-1.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
scsi7 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
scsi8 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
scsi 7:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass Storage     2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
scsi 7:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
scsi 8:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HUAWEI   TF CARD Storage  2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
sd 8:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
option 1-1.1:1.0: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
usb 1-1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB0
option 1-1.1:1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
usb 1-1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB1
usbcore: registered new interface driver option
drivers/usb/serial/option.c: USB Driver for GSM modems: v0.7.2

For the usb log:

Code:
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1): Fail to get usb node.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.3): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.3): Not modem interface.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.2): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.2): Not modem interface.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): Runing USB serial with (0x12d1/0x1506)...
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): Runing USB serial with (0x12d1/0x1506)...
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (1-1.1): Already there was a other interface(modem).
[usb_dbg: asus_sd] (sdb): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sd] (sdb): Had other interfaces(modem) on Port 1-1.1.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg2): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_sg] (sg2): Already had a running modem.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): interface_name=1-1.1:1.0, current_act=, current_def=.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): got_Int_endpoint(0)!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): set_default_node!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): action=add.
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.0): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_usb_interface] (1-1.1:1.1): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB0): Success!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): interface_name=1-1.1:1.1, current_act=ttyUSB0, current_def=1.
[usb_dbg: get_interface_Int_endpoint] (1-1.1:1.1): It's a little impossible to be the control interface with a endpoint.
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): got_Int_endpoint(0)!
[usb_dbg: asus_tty] (ttyUSB1): No Int endpoint!

I'm no linux master, but it does look like something is getting blocked. The web GUI recognizes the Huawei stick, but usb0 doesn't show up under ifconfig. Can anyone with a working stick post what their logs show?

is there anyone with working stick ? dont Thinks so and Asus hasen´t fix this yet it seems:cool:

my log for modems

Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_wdm
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: cdc_mbim: loaded
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_mbim

Jan 1 01:00:18 kernel: usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: option 2-2:1.0: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: usb 2-2: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: option 2-2:1.1: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: usb 2-2: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB1
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: option 2-2:1.2: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: usb 2-2: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB2
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver option
Jan 1 01:00:19 kernel: option: v0.7.2:USB Driver for GSM modems

don know what it means but running 68u router on Asus latest firmware

is there anyone with working stick ? dont Thinks so and Asus hasen´t fix this yet it seems:cool:

I'm using the latest asuswrt-merlin FW for the N66U (374.43) but cannot replicate this success.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!