What's new

3.0.0.4.374.5656 fixes 3G Dongles Huawei ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm using 3.0.0.4_376.44 for AC68U and it works with Huawei E3276 LTE/4G.

I tried the 376.45 firmware, but it didn't work with for me so I reverted back to 376.44 until I have time to investigate what kind of actions or configuration I need to have to be able to use 376.45 with E3276.

Hey Guys,

not running at the moment the Asus Router, but I had also some difficulties with the Huawei E3276 in Open-WRT and also OpenSuse. There are a couple of version and mine works with command:

Code:
echo -e "AT^NDISDUP=1,1,\"erainternet\"\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1

Where erainternet needs to be replaced with your APN. For me it worked in OPEN-WRT and OpenSuse.

do you Guys see the /dev/ttyUSB1 ? After that command you should check dmesg to see the output as it will create a network interface similar to this:

cdc_ncm: eth5: 150 mbit/s downlink 150 mbit/s uplink

Hope this helps.

I'm using 3.0.0.4_376.44 for AC68U and it works with Huawei E3276 LTE/4G.

I tried the 376.45 firmware, but it didn't work with for me so I reverted back to 376.44 until I have time to investigate what kind of actions or configuration I need to have to be able to use 376.45 with E3276.

Thanks mate.
I'll try that tonight to see if it works for me as well.
If you find other solution for the recent versions just post it so we can all see.
I'll post here the result of reverting back to version 44.

I did upgrade from 374.43_2 to 376.45 and modem stopped work.
Device can't be find.

Hi,
New symptom with 376.47_beta2 for me in dualwan config.
Connected in GUI, and NOT functional, when I disconnect RJ45 WAN.

RT-AC68U
Huawei E3276s-150 NoneHilink connected to USB3 port, f/w 21.436.03.00.00
WD USB3 disc in USB2 port.

still suspecting timing issue, but not excluding connectscript/drivers.

Latest 100% working in my enviroment:
374.41_alpha4, both Failover & Failback as well as full 3G+ speed, and 3276 in USB2 port, and USB3 disc in USB3 port.

Have also tried a couple of more USB3 hub's without luck.

hi all
after setup my 4g huawei e392 it is work good but i see setting the router
Enable Dual WAN
Primary WAN:
Disconnected
Secondary WAN:
Connected
how setup 4g huawei Primary with out dual wan
i try but the huawei dongle not work i think the ip wrong, and back default setting
i cannot setup dns
any one have idea ?
ac66u

On my AC66, the only way to get online with my Huawei E3276 is to have AC66 set for DualWAN with Primary=WAN and Secondary=USB. I have no cable stuck into the WAN port.

hi all
after setup my 4g huawei e392 it is work good but i see setting the router
Enable Dual WAN
Primary WAN:
Disconnected
Secondary WAN:
Connected
how setup 4g huawei Primary with out dual wan
i try but the huawei dongle not work i think the ip wrong, and back default setting
i cannot setup dns
any one have idea ?
ac66u

echo -e "AT+CGDCONT=1,\"celcom3g\"\r" > /dev/ttyUSB0
sleep 5
udhcpc -i usb1 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc

works like charm for RT-AC66 with Vodafone K5006-Z LTE modem

Not necessary:
It seems that the stuff in this thread jam itself, for many users.

In this modern and high technology world which is also called the “information era”. There is no doubt that people now want to own the life that is safe and free and do the thing that they like and want to do. And usually such kind of life is not so easy to own for some people and as they are monitored by some device. If so the GPS Signal Jammer can be your good assistant.

Is this issue still not fixed?
I have the latest RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_378.50_0 and Huawei E3272 - the router detects the modem, but can't connect to the internet...

I have the latest RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_378.50_0 and Huawei E3272 - the router detects the modem, but can't connect to the internet...

I am using 374 fork with start script. Uptime could be much more than one month with stable 4g signal. Speed 50/20 with 800mhz network. Dovado pro handles 4g sticks best.

I'm not sure I exactly understand your problem.
I updated from 374.40 to the latest 378.50 a few days ago. Now the 3g modem (which worked well in failover mode) appears disconnected in the web GUI. However, it connects as soon as the primary wan goes down. So it actually works, even though it should stay in standby and not disconnected.
Note that the 3g modem also disconnects after failback (no standby).

If I input "ifconfig" in telnet I see there is no ppp1 interface. It gets created as soon as the primary wan goes down.

Is this the same as you are experiencing?

Also, I read a few pages but I'm not sure I understand: is there a command to manually start the 3g modem connection? So that we can put this command in a script at boot time? I have a Huawei E160G.

I've tried
Code:
noric@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root# echo -e "AT^NDISDUP=1,1,\"my.apn\"\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
noric@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root# udhcpc -i usb0 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
udhcpc: SIOCGIFINDEX: No such device
but I don't understand what this should be supposed to do and how to fix it.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I exactly understand your problem.
I updated from 374.40 to the latest 378.50 a few days ago. Now the 3g modem (which worked well in failover mode) appears disconnected in the web GUI. However, it connects as soon as the primary wan goes down. So it actually works, even though it should stay in standby and not disconnected.
Note that the 3g modem also disconnects after failback (no standby).

If I input "ifconfig" in telnet I see there is no ppp1 interface. It gets created as soon as the primary wan goes down.

Is this the same as you are experiencing?

I am not sure about failover mode - I want to use it in load balancing mode...
But yes, when the WAN connected - the modem is with "disconnected" status... I have not tested WAN disconnection yet

Also, I read a few pages but I'm not sure I understand: is there a command to manually start the 3g modem connection? So that we can put this command in a script at boot time? I have a Huawei E160G.

I've tried
Code:
noric@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root# echo -e "AT^NDISDUP=1,1,\"my.apn\"\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
noric@RT-N66U:/tmp/home/root# udhcpc -i usb0 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
udhcpc: SIOCGIFINDEX: No such device
but I don't understand what this should be supposed to do and how to fix it.

Thanks for any help.
I do not know what it looks with your modem, but with E3272 this will not work. In FW from version 376 the NDIS mode doesn't work (they changed a device identifiers for which this mode works). They changed a cdc_acm driver and such modems works now only in PPP mode (usb0 device is not created). In addition FW from 376 always trying use a modem in PPP mode as soon it's visible (ttyCOMx are available).

Apparently it works: even though it's "disconnected" in the web GUI, it connects as soon as the primary wan goes down (more exactly when you see "LCP terminated by peer" in the log).
Any idea how to force that "LCP terminated by peer"? I've tried to turn the ADSL modem off, but it's not the same thing (a different message and no 3g connection).

Yes some weird status, as said and working in failover/failback.

Disconnected in GUI Network Map

and hover status for icon's

a) Secondary WAN:
USB Modem -
Failed to connect to the
mobile broadband network

b) SIM card is Ready

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!